Text Message apps

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
What text message app are you using with the Moto 360? I was trying to use the stock one that came with my Samsung Note 3 but that was not working correctly. I then tried the Go SMS pro which seems to work better but, when it comes to iphone users sending me messages, it does not come through correctly or, when I am sent a group text, it will send me the message as an attachment.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I seem to be having problems using 8SMS reliably with the 360. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. And no, I will not use Hangouts.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the Textra. I have used GoSMS Pro for years and it seamed to work fine on the watch. I went ahead and installed Textra just to play with it and see what I thought.
Here's what is Interesting. With Go SMS I got the options to reply via sms or Open on phone but with Textra I get Reply, mark as read or call.
I like those three options much better.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the Textra. I have used GoSMS Pro for years and it seamed to work fine on the watch. I went ahead and installed Textra just to play with it and see what I thought.
Here's what is Interesting. With Go SMS I got the options to reply via sms or Open on phone but with Textra I get Reply, mark as read or call.
I like those three options much better.

Are you getting attachments as text messages when you get them from an Iphone? Or when you receive a group text does it come through as an attachment? If so, how did you fix that? Its coming through as an attachment on my phone as well.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
On Go SMS Pro, coming from an iphone, if there is a picture attached the entire message comes through as an attachment but if its just text then comes through normal.
I just had my son who has an iphone send me a pic and then a separate text with text only. Both came through as normal text and not as attachments. That was with Textra. I rarely get group text so I can't answer that one for you. so it would seem that Textra is processing iphone text better than Go SMS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie