Moto 360 and Android Bluetooth Indicator

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Moto 360 for a couple weeks now, and I noticed the other day that the Bluetooth indicator on the status bar does not light up when the watch is connected. However, in the settings menu the watch is shown as connected. I was just wondering if this is my phone acting strange or if this is normal. Anyone else notice this?

Audemars02

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I just got my 360 today and that was the first thing i noticed. No indicator of BT connectivity on my galaxy s4, but I have a persistent notification that its connected to an Android Wear device

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I just got my 360 today and that was the first thing i noticed. No indicator of BT connectivity on my galaxy s4, but I have a persistent notification that its connected to an Android Wear device

Yes same here. I have the persistent notification as well.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Mine's been like that since day 1, and I'm on my third week with it now. Should be fine.

Posted via Android Central App

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I noticed this as well with mine. I previously had a Pebble, and it not only had the persistent notification when I slid down to see notifications, but there was always an icon along the top of the screen. To be honest, I'm happy to have one less icon (it gets pretty crowded on my HTC One M8)

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I think because it is bluetooth low energy, it does not light up the icon the way a normal bt device does...

I was thinking the same thing to be honest. I've never had a Bluetooth LE device, so I was not aware it behaved like this till now. I really don't care either way, I just was curious whether or not other people saw the same thing before I did a factory reset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678