Proof that it's not just the pebble steel band, but possibly a design flaw...

Tex_Norseman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
not my watch, just saying everyone claiming it is the pebble steel band, it isn't. It's an inherent design flaw with the watch. I have had the pebble steel band on my watch almost three weeks now, no cracks.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
not my watch, just saying everyone claiming it is the pebble steel band, it isn't. It's an inherent design flaw with the watch. I have had the pebble steel band on my watch almost three weeks now, no cracks.

There's an idea floating around now that the issue may be made worse depending on the size of the wearer's wrist. With a smaller wrist, the band would put more pressure on the backplate. But with a wider wrist, the band will go out straighter, meaning less contact with the backplate.

Something else to note, we have no way of knowing if this is truly a defect, or if the guy had a derp moment and is hoping he can get it fixed under warranty. Unless you start seeing significant numbers of this occurrence, like 25%, I wouldn't necessarily call it a defect. From what I've seen so far, I don't think we're there yet. But I'm not saying it's not a defect either, just with what we know so far it's a little early to say that definitively.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

I like how you've gone from saying it's "possibly a design flaw" to "it's an inherent design flaw". Without any further info, that picture doesn't tell us jacks*** beyond the owner managed to crack the back of his watch. Maybe he removed the pebble steel band and put the leather band back on before taking the picture? There are endless possibilities...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but isn't it enough to make you jumpy? Hehe. I like how we get all paranoid about these things. It might be real, it might not be... who knows? Drama!

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but isn't it enough to make you jumpy? Hehe. I like how we get all paranoid about these things. It might be real, it might not be... who knows? Drama!

After posting that I looked at my 360 last night. If I start to turn in the bands, you can hear a creaking sound. But to get that sound I'd have to have Olive Oyl wrists for it to be a problem. I wonder if the damage occurred when it was off his wrist. If the two bands got squeezed together without the wrist in the way, its possible that's how it got cracked.

IMO, it would've made more sense to do a cutout in the backplate for the bands. Hardly anyone will ever see the back of the watch, and it would completely eliminate this issue. It'd also make it easier to swap watch bands.

coolesnce

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have small wrists and the stock leather band. I looked at the band an notice that the edge of the leather band is starting to form a deep creases were the back of the band meets the back of the watch. I dont have any cracks , but it indicates that the band is pushing against the backplate with some force.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital