Finally no stuck pixels...

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Lucky number 3, second exchange @ Best Buy, and no stuck pixels! Hallelujah!

It seems you are not alone. My 360 also has a single stuck on pixel. I am not returning it though. But quite disappointed. This one came straight from motorola. Interestingly, I am looking for it now and can't find it. So it is either not very noticeable (certainly was on bootups last week) or it has "healed" itself.

anon(8410015)

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
On boot up screen I have a LOT of dead pixels, all of them green, I was mortified. Once using the watch as normal they aren't visible apart from 1 that you still can barely see. It doesn't bother me.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
On boot up screen I have a LOT of dead pixels, all of them green, I was mortified. Once using the watch as normal they aren't visible apart from 1 that you still can barely see. It doesn't bother me.

OK, that confirms/goes along with my one VERY noticeable stuck pixel on boot and then I don't see it later. I am not sure I understand such a phenomenon... have never seen or heard of such a thing before. Normally stuck is stuck and you see it everywhere the same (under the same solid color).

anon(8410015)

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
OK, that confirms/goes along with my one VERY noticeable stuck pixel on boot and then I don't see it later. I am not sure I understand such a phenomenon... have never seen or heard of such a thing before. Normally stuck is stuck and you see it everywhere the same (under the same solid color).

it's really weird, with a black face the green pixel looks VERY dark grey near the 2 marker, with a white face it's gone completely. on boot screen there is a few down near 8 marker but like i said, they vanished completely.

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I had one dead pixel on the start up screen and was really annoyed (very limited in the UK at the moment), but when the watch is actually I can't see it - good but weird (think I can remember something similar from my PSP)

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I must admit the lack of the 'Retina' screen is the one thing that slightly eats away me. I love the Moto, but just wish it was retina... I can live with it though as it looks so damn nice - in my opinion it's what the iWatch should have been.

anon(8410015)

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I had one dead pixel on the start up screen and was really annoyed (very limited in the UK at the moment), but when the watch is actually I can't see it - good but weird (think I can remember something similar from my PSP)

Exactly the same for me, I would return it but as you said, very rare in UK and I doubt I'd be able to get another one so easily.

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Same here. I saw it when booting and thought "I can't live with that, it'll have to go back". Then in actual normal use it cannot be seen.

I think the reson is the auto brightness. If you change from auto to max brightness and look at the watch in a darkish environment you'll see any stuck pixels. But with auto brightness on the screen dims in dark room and the stuck pixel isn't visible even though the watch face is really bright and crisp.

I think I can live with it after all if I'll only ever see it when booting - I can consider it my 360's unique signature as long as it's not off-putting during regular use.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I saw it when booting and thought "I can't live with that, it'll have to go back". Then in actual normal use it cannot be seen.

I think the reson is the auto brightness. If you change from auto to max brightness and look at the watch in a darkish environment you'll see any stuck pixels. But with auto brightness on the screen dims in dark room and the stuck pixel isn't visible even though the watch face is really bright and crisp.

I think I can live with it after all if I'll only ever see it when booting - I can consider it my 360's unique signature as long as it's not off-putting during regular use.

It's strange, mine still shows on boot. But in normal use, even when it is really bright and on a dark background, I STILL can't see the stuck pixel. It is "fascinating".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair