Why isn't my Moto 360 notifying me when I get text messages?

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Moto 360 Will Not Notifiy & Vibrate On Watch When I Get Txt or MMS Note 3 Is In Vibrate Mode

I just go my Moto 360 and the Moto 360 Will Not notifiy & vibrate on watch when when I get a txt or mms when Note 3 Is In Vibrate Mode. The watch will Vibrate & Notify when I'm got my phone set to silent or sound. I prefer to keep my phone on vibrate so I miss my notifications for text and mms... Anyone else have this problem or a work around..

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto 360 Will Not Notifiy & Vibrate On Watch When I Get Txt or MMS Note 3 Is In Vibrate Mode

That's odd. Mine isn't doing that. I did switch to Hangouts though to be able to reply directly from the watch, but I just tried it switching back to the stock messaging app and it works. My phone is always on vibrate while at work.

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto 360 Will Not Notifiy & Vibrate On Watch When I Get Txt or MMS Note 3 Is In Vibrate Mode

That's odd. Mine isn't doing that. I did switch to Hangouts though to be able to reply directly from the watch, but I just tried it switching back to the stock messaging app and it works. My phone is always on vibrate while at work.

You have a Note 3? I can't figure this out. Watch will only vibrate for txt & mms on silent and sound. It only appears to only affect txt & mms because email will come through... Arggg

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

Watch is stock. No apps added. Just did a reset and 360 and still not working while phone on vibe.. Agrrr

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

So weird... Are you using the stock messaging app or Hangouts? Does your phone vibrate when you get a message? Do any cards show up on your watch, even if it doesn't vibrate? This happens to me BUT with Facebook Messenger notifications. They will show up, but not vibrate no matter which setting my phone is in.

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

So weird... Are you using the stock messaging app or Hangouts? Does your phone vibrate when you get a message? Do any cards show up on your watch, even if it doesn't vibrate? This happens to me BUT with Facebook Messenger notifications. They will show up, but not vibrate no matter which setting my phone is in.

Stock messaging app. not using hangouts. Seem like all the other work ie email.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

That's odd. Mine isn't doing that.
Mine doesn't act that way either on the Nexus5

I did switch to Hangouts though to be able to reply directly from the watch, but I just tried it switching back to the stock messaging app and it works. My phone is always on vibrate while at work.

8sms also supports replying from the watch.

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

I suspect it's the phone. My phone is an asurion insurance refurb replacement. I tried 3rd party msg apps (handcent, go sms pro) and they both work on vibrate. I decided to use go sms pro at this point...

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I don't think it is the phone, I think it is Android Wear.

I have the LG G Watch and I tested it with both a Note 3 and a Galaxy S3. I tried both the default Samsung Message app and Verizon's Message+ app. Neither will vibrate on the watch unless the phone is set to silent.

When I use SMS in hangouts it vibrates on the phone and the watch. But I hate using Hangouts as my text message client.

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

So maybe it's the watch? I have the Moto360 with a Note 3 before, now a Note 4, and like I said, other than Facebook Messenger, everything else does what it's supposed to do and vibrates when it needs to.

For some reason, though, the stock messaging app from the Note 4 does allow replying from the phone. You just can't read the threaded conversation and if you have more than two messages waiting you can only see the preview (sort of like how the stock e-mail app works). So, still using Hangouts for SMS. Sadly, using Hangouts breaks compatibility with my car and it can't read the messages. Bummer.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

I suspect it's the phone. My phone is an asurion insurance refurb replacement. I tried 3rd party msg apps (handcent, go sms pro) and they both work on vibrate. I decided to use go sms pro at this point...

I have used GoSMS Pro for years and it seamed to work fine on the watch. Someone had suggested Textra in this forums so installed Textra just to play with it and see what I thought.
Here's what is Interesting. With Go SMS I got the options to reply via sms or Open on phone but with Textra I get Reply, mark as read or call.
I like those three options much better.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, those are the options I'm seeing with the Note 4's stock messaging app, but like I said, not much use if you have more than one message waiting...

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

I get the same three options with 8sms

Thanks, I tried 8sms and really like it. I liked it so much I even donated to developer. It has a minimal look and works great. It also works with Light Flow.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Thanks, I tried 8sms and really like it. I liked it so much I even donated to developer. It has a minimal look and works great. It also works with Light Flow.

I tried several SMS programs before settling on 8sms. I personally think it is the best and works the best with repeat reminder systems, the watch, and other things. I was totally bummed when he put ads on it recently. I have no problem "donating" but I would have been more willing had he just asked instead of putting on ads.

In any case, the developer worked with me to get fixes when I pointed out some bugs, too.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Funny, I had no idea ads had been added to 8sms. I don't let any of my apps auto-update so I will not be updating from the pre-ads version I have, I guess...

Michael Maloney1

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

i was told moto 360 text only work with hangouts so i think you haveto swithc to hangouts to use. i could be wrong but an online help chat with moto informed me of that.

Nyvideo

May 28, 2012
Visit site

i was told moto 360 text only work with hangouts so i think you haveto swithc to hangouts to use. i could be wrong but an online help chat with moto informed me of that.

I'm using Textra and I get my text messages on my Moto 360. I can reply by voice to them also.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site

They are extremely wrong. Several (or more) sms programs work just fine with the Moto 360. I wish they wouldn't tell people things like that. It makes it sound like Hangouts is mandatory.... blech.

stu5797

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site

I am having the same issue. Was working fine til I found an "updated " Android wear apk now this is happening. Any solution?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol