Why isn't my Moto 360 notifying me when I get text messages?

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto 360 Will Not Notifiy & Vibrate On Watch When I Get Txt or MMS Note 3 Is In Vibrate Mode

@stu5797..........Did you Resync apps in Android Wear? Hangouts updated last week and I would not get notifications, Resync fixed it. :)

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto 360 Will Not Notifiy & Vibrate On Watch When I Get Txt or MMS Note 3 Is In Vibrate Mode

Stock SMS app on my Note is kind of spotty. Works some times, and then at times it stops sending notifications

L_E_O

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

The other variable in the text message app equation is Google Voice. If you're using GV as your primary number for SMS, I think Hangouts really is your only option.

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

Not using google voice. Sounds like others with Note 3 having the same problem. 8sms and textra will solve that problem..

fosser2

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

Go to Settings --> Sound & notification --> Notification access --> and check "Android Wear"

This should fix any issues with text notifications popping up on the phone.

OpenDoc

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site

Go to Settings --> Sound & notification --> Notification access --> and check "Android Wear"

This should fix any issues with text notifications popping up on the phone.

This.

DewDuck

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
There are 3 options under the Android Wear "app notifications" and they are all set to off and it still doesn't work for me when phone is on vibrate. Running Note 5

johnnyo812

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site

I'm having problems with Textra. Sometimes it doesn't show the notification on my phone. And when it does I only get a notification and can't open the message. Do you have any suggestions?

swburton18

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site

I'm using Textra and I get my text messages on my Moto 360. I can reply by voice to them also.

After reading this thread I installed textra. It's working fine on the phone and messages come up on the watch. But I can't get Google Now to use it for sending spoken sms/text messages and now when I try to send a spoken sms/text via Google Now it fails to send.

Any ideas on a fix? Are the other sms/text apps better? I presume there will be no issues with Hangouts but am unsure about using it as didn't seem highly rated here.

swburton18

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site

After reading this thread I installed textra. It's working fine on the phone and messages come up on the watch. But I can't get Google Now to use it for sending spoken sms/text messages and now when I try to send a spoken sms/text via Google Now it fails to send.

Any ideas on a fix? Are the other sms/text apps better? I presume there will be no issues with Hangouts but am unsure about using it as didn't seem highly rated here.

Have switched to the new Google Messenger. Works fine. Only missing a "mark as read" options, so have fed that back via the app to Google, hoping it'll make an appearance some day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae