Late Oct 2014 Moto 360 update

sidearm

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
In N Carolina and got my update a couple of hours ago. I also had the Ok Google showing on my screen but as mentioned earlier in this thread, after 5 searches it went away and has not came back. Thanks for the good info!

gjlowe

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you do a "device reset" it seems to force an update, at least it did for me.

Now as for that annoying "Ok Google" showing up every time the watch face comes on - I tried the 5 searches but it is still there. SUPER annoying. Any other ideas?

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Just got my update. First things first. What's up with my watch now showing "okay Google" every time it wakes up? That's quickly annoying.

Sent from my Droid Maxx by Motorola with Tapatalk.

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Just got my update. First things first. What's up with my watch now showing "okay Google" every time it wakes up? That's quickly annoying.

Sent from my Droid Maxx by Motorola with Tapatalk.

a lot of peeps been having this issue...they say if u use "ok google" abt 5 times it goes away. hope that works for u.

Posted via the Android Central App with my Moto X G1

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
No "OK Google" problems here after update. Everything seems extra smooth. I'm loving the new audio controls and the way the notifications can be pushed down without dismissing them entirely. The behavior seems to be: Notification pops up when initially received, then disappears until you swipe up. Nice, but if you don't look immediately, then you have to mess with the watch to see what you missed. Could be annoying.

TJH

peterallen

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
You can change the behavior in the Android wear app. There is now a setting for Card preview. I like the persistent card view and now having the ability to swipe it down to clear the watch face, but not clear the card so that it can be viewed later with a swipe up.

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday, after the update, I must have had a Buckeye's vs Penn State update card show up every 2-3 minutes. I guarantee that I had to swipe away 20-30 of the card and the score never changed. 7-0.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Im envious of you guys getting 24 hrs of battery life. I have had mine for two days now. Updated to latest 4.4w2 when I set it up and I am getting 11 hours MAX. thats with Ambient off. I came here to see if the update that i installed truly was this battery fixer because i just didnt believe it. 10 minutes after taking it off the charger its down to almost 90%.

I think im going to do a factory reset tonight and top it off. I turned it off last night and rebooted it thinking thats all it needed but seems to be happening again today. if that doesnt work idk. may try a replacement or may just go get my money back and wait for v2.

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine was at 48% when I threw it on the charger last night after 16.5 hours off the charger. I couldn't believe it.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Im envious of you guys getting 24 hrs of battery life. I have had mine for two days now. Updated to latest 4.4w2 when I set it up and I am getting 11 hours MAX. thats with Ambient off. I came here to see if the update that i installed truly was this battery fixer because i just didnt believe it. 10 minutes after taking it off the charger its down to almost 90%.

I think im going to do a factory reset tonight and top it off. I turned it off last night and rebooted it thinking thats all it needed but seems to be happening again today. if that doesnt work idk. may try a replacement or may just go get my money back and wait for v2.

My recommendation: uninstall any Wear watch apps. Then uninstall wear itself. Then factory reset the watch. Then install Wear again on the phone and pair it up and such. Run it in this configuration for a few days to see how it works... don't add ANY additional watch apps during the trial.

chronophile

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Mine was at 48% when I threw it on the charger last night after 16.5 hours off the charger. I couldn't believe it.
This is pretty much my experience as well. I'm experiencing battery consumption of around 3% per hour, so that will come around to about 30 hours on a full charge. Very happy so far with the watch and the battery longevity. Based on my experience, I am able to eke out at least two days' use since I turn it off at the end of each day.