Late Oct 2014 Moto 360 update

Grim Ton

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Looks like you can add devices and switch between them on the fly in the Bluetooth settings as well. Unless that's just for Bluetooth headphones.

a9747b17128c0cbe23046842108057ed.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's supposed to be for audio profiles. I'm guessing to be able to take calls? Don't know, but in the end, the watch will not be doing the streaming anyway, so it's more of a 'future application' thing. I wish they'd let you add multiple devices to the watch, though. I'd love to be out and about with my phone but also get my tablet's notifications when I'm around it as well.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I just got the update about an hour ago, so it really is rolling out. Takes a few minutes to install and two reboots/restarts with the last one being a bit slow (another few minutes) followed by "Optimizing apps" just like a phone does. My watch was fully charged and it took 7% of the battery to perform the update. Strangely, I had trouble getting it connected to the phone after, I had to try a few times.

I see the new "Play music" and "Bluetooth Devices" options. When I go into the latter, it sees my phone as "Disconnected" even though it is connected, and lists a few other available devices.

cweb69

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Got update yesterday afternoon, so I threw it on the charger. After the update completed, I put it back on charger to top it up. It was around 6:00pm when I took it off charger. This morning at 6:00am, I wake up to find the watch dead. This is concerning as I was getting almost 2 full days of use before the update. Hoping it was just some kind of hang up from the update. We shall see shortly.

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Got update yesterday afternoon, so I threw it on the charger. After the update completed, I put it back on charger to top it up. It was around 6:00pm when I took it off charger. This morning at 6:00am, I wake up to find the watch dead. This is concerning as I was getting almost 2 full days of use before the update. Hoping it was just some kind of hang up from the update. We shall see shortly.

After seeing your results I don't think I want this update now. I'm easily getting 24 hrs on a single charge.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
After seeing your results I don't think I want this update now. I'm easily getting 24 hrs on a single charge.

I have noticed zero change in the 360's battery life since the update. And I have been almost a full day now on the update (since I got it yesterday).

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I've yet to get this update...hopefully I get it soon!

Go to settings.
Click About.
Click System Update.
When it tells you your system is up to date, tap the check mark 5-6 times and it will start your download.

Make sure you battery is at 80% and enjoy your upgrade.

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Does the watch notify you when the update is ready or do you have to keep checking?

I got a notification. Had to charge it before it would install (only had 44%, and the update requires 50% to install), but once I took it off the charger I got the prompt to install.

Pkara

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Just updated my watch and now get "ok google" on my screen every time the watch comes on. Anyone seeing the same? Any solutions to get rid of it?

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I had that when I first got my watch, just reboot and shud be fine

Posted via the Android Central App with my Moto X G1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15