how's the moto 360 now

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Its been a couple weeks or so since the watch officially released. Would like to know the current status of the watch nowadays. Stuff like battery life, hiccups in software etc. Has the many software updates I've been reading about helped with the watch?

Posted via the Android Central App

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I never really had problems to begin with....I wud say I'm a lite to moderate user and after a 14 hr day I still have 20-30% battery. I like the strap very comfortable, very light overall. don't use pedometer cuz I just don't want to. heart rate seems accurate( I work in a medical office so I use machine at work to compare) overall pretty satisfied. excited abt new update rolling out now so I can "hide" cards. cuz that's annoying when it stays on d screen. oh one thing that does suck I can never get it to wake up by saying ok google. but voice recognition is not bad when I text or something

Posted via the Android Central App with my Moto X G1

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Battery is really a non-issue anymore, and the phone is plenty responsive. I tend to end the day with 30% battery, ambient screen on, and moderate usage. The only thing that is a hit or miss is "ok google." I find it works better just tapping the display to start the voice search.

FenderGuy05

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I've had the watch a little over a week now and love it. I have yet to run out of battery through my normal day to day. I take it off the charger on the way out of the door at 8am, and with ambient display on I still make it home at around 7 with between 20-30% use.

I agree that the "okay google" is a bit clunky but I realized that I was pausing after saying Okay google and the watch would stop listening almost immediately. On the phone I'm so used to saying Ok google, and pausing before telling it what to do, while with the watch it works much better if you just speak continuously.

chronophile

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Depends on what you mean by underwhelming. It sure isn't retina level for that small watch screen, but it's plenty dense enough. I don't suppose we should be comparing it with a full phone since checking the time and notifications would tend to take a short duration versus the time we spend staring and doing stuff on our phones. With the latest update that installed today, I'm averaging around 2.7% to 3% battery drain per hour with moderate notifications. At this rate, I'll be getting around 33-36 hours on a full charge. That would translate to around three days of use for me if I turn it off when I get home every day. Very happy now with the watch.

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
people have been saying the screen is a bit underwhelming. care to chime in on that?

yeah I don't think so.... i mean its a watch so I'm not looking at pics or playing games. when I make my own watch with facer the images that i upload look sweet. I think the screen is appropriate.

Posted via the Android Central App with my Moto X G1

SuperRoach

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Screen wise it's been a little bit underwhelming - I've put my hand up and the screen hasn't switched on. That's nitpicking though, because the rest of it is great. I guess I could still be in teh honeymoon phase, where seeing it still makes me and others go oooh,ahhhh

Hoff Woohoo

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I've had mine for about a month now and have the recent update. I wear it every day and I work 12 hour shifts. I just got off work and still have 52% left so no worries about battery life.

Te screen resolution is fine for me. Like others have said, it's not really made for looking at hi-rez images or anything but the watch faces and notifications look good.

It's a great little device and it keeps getting better with each update!

I mostly use mine to look at texts and other notifications and to control the music player. Both are really nice features in the car or when just discreetly looking at a text message. Once you get used to it then it's difficult to imagine doing things any other way.

Oh, it's also a nice watch!