Anticipated Total Battery Life

rblakeney

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Anyone care to guess how many charge cycles we are going to get out of the Moto 360 battery before it dies? I am really liking my watch but I have the old iPod fears on what's going to happen once the battery gives up. I suppose there will be some swapping services available, but given the tear downs I've seen I'm not sure that this is going to be realistic. The thing has glue at every turn.

I suppose it also means I can just buy a new watch!:D

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I pondered this as well but truthfully I know myself. I say that I love the Moto 360 and going to keep it until it wears out. But sadly something will come out next year and my wife will say "what would you like for Christmas or BD. Of course I'll want the newest watch ⌚. It's an endless cycle 😈

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

coop5571

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Most lithium ion batteries can expect to last about 1200 -1500 cycles before a noticeable decrease in charge. 3-4 years

Posted via Android Central App

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Most lithium ion batteries can expect to last about 1200 -1500 cycles before a noticeable decrease in charge. 3-4 years

Unless it is the Nexus 10, on which the battery conks out in not even two years with daily use (most disappointing).

I am not fond of the disposable mentality in many of these new devices, but at least with a watch I can see why it is necessary to keep the size and weight under control (far less excuse for a phone). In two years, the 360 will likely be quite obsolete at the way things change. So think of the $250 as a $10 a month consumable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781