Vibration strength seems weak

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
So Im coming from a Pebble and just got a used 360. For some reason the vibration seems very weak compared to my pebble. half the time I dont realize I got a notification at all.
I dont know if the watch is bad or if the vibration is really that weak compared to the pebble.

Can any advise?
thanx
Danny

Digital Moe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Me too, although I have nothing else to compare it to but I too find sometimes I miss notifications as I don't seem to feel the vibration. In fact as I typed this I noticed the screen light up and and I received a Twitter notification and possibly no vibration but that may have been due to my hand resting on the keyboard and the watch face being ever so slightly raised.

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I miss a lot of notifications also. i wish there was a way to change the settings on it

Posted via the Android Central App with my Moto X G1

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I agree, it's weak compared to the Pebble. I was missing a lot of sms notifications. I've been using Textra app for sms. It sends a longer vibrate pattern, which I'm able to notice more. The calendar alerts are too short and subtle. Wish I could find an app that would send longer calendar notifications.

vfnewman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Same here to everything already said. I really wish a future update to Android Wear or the watch firmware would provide for adjustable vibration duration and intensity. Where does one go to voice their wishes for such things such that it might actually be seen?

Michael Lynady

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Vibration was much better on my gear 1 than my 360 - send your complaint to forums.motorola.com - that's what I was told and did. Also the official moto 360 post on Google+ is a good place - lotsa people complaining about weak notifications

Posted via the Android Central App

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Ya mine is also a little weak but I can notice it

Posted via Nexus 7 2013 or verizon Galaxy S5 or maybe one day through my moto 360

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
So Im coming from a Pebble and just got a used 360. For some reason the vibration seems very weak compared to my pebble. half the time I dont realize I got a notification at all.
I dont know if the watch is bad or if the vibration is really that weak compared to the pebble.

If it means anything, I think the vibration is weak too. It is especially a problem for me because I have to wear the watch loosely due to CTS. It is mostly a problem with notifications, since it only briefly vibrates once. I have missed notifications fairly often. Phone calls never, since it is a MUCH longer and repeating vibration.

We need the ability to make it vibrate longer and pulse a few times.

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I'll agree completely. I loved on my original Galaxy Gear that I could change the vibration intensity. I hope this will be an option in the future for the 360 as I too am missing notifications.

Michael Lynady

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Check out SWApps link on the play store - allows you to adjust smartwatch vibration strength - per app if desired!

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the 360, but I have the LG G2 and it is substantially weaker than both the Gear 2 and the Pebble.

Augmented Smart watch Pro is an app that allows you to adjust the vibration length. However it ended up giving double notifications.

weak notifications were one of the main reasons I left Android Wear. That and not being able to mark texts as read.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
one of the main reasons I left Android Wear. That and not being able to mark texts as read.

Marking texts as "read" is easy with 8sms. If you reply to it, it is automatically marked "read". If you don't want to reply, then swipe left twice and tap "read".

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Marking texts as "read" is easy with 8sms. If you reply to it, it is automatically marked "read". If you don't want to reply, then swipe left twice and tap "read".

I will have to try this.. i have never used 8sms, I will try it out, maybe breathe some life back in my old LG G2.. just to confirm, when you say "read" you mean the actual text is marked as read, not simply removing the notification from the top?

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I will have to try this.. i have never used 8sms, I will try it out, maybe breathe some life back in my old LG G2.. just to confirm, when you say "read" you mean the actual text is marked as read, not simply removing the notification from the top?

Correct

phissith

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Its ironic that I spent a whole week thinking which is the best smartphone I want to buy Asus Zenwatch, Moto360, LG G Round and even Samsung Gear Fit and of course the ever cheap LG G watch on Cybermonday only to be blindsided by Moto360 lack of Vibration. I mean if that watch are use mainly for Notification you think Vibration is the one key feature they can not screwed up!!

Michael Lynady

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Everyone with lack of vibration problem see cyril Preiss' post above - solved my problem and he's a great guy/developer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463