moto 360 battery life after update

Neibl

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Am I the only one getting barely through half a work day before having to recharge and then barely making it home? After the initial update the watch would last two days on a single charge, while the latest update has gimped the device from 40 hours use to 6 hours.

Posted via Android Central App

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one getting barely through half a work day before having to recharge and then barely making it home? After the initial update the watch would last two days on a single charge, while the latest update has gimped the device from 40 hours use to 6 hours.

I don't know if you're the only one but my battery has gotten even better. Last night after a whole day's use it was 60% when I set it in the charger at about 11 pm! I even considered taking it off the charger but I was afraid I'd run out of battery today.

Posted via the Android Central App

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm doing abt the same as before the update, 9.5 hours into the day, normal usage, and I got 63% left. no facer today, just stock ones. I do get a little worse battery when I use a facer watch

Posted via the Android Central App with my Moto X G1

Neibl

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Is mine broken then. I have to recharge every day I can't figure it out. I uninstalled any apps I think would cause this. Any suggestions?

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Is mine broken then. I have to recharge every day I can't figure it out. I uninstalled any apps I think would cause this. Any suggestions?

the only suggestion is the same old same old, restart, reboot both phone and watch and hope it works. do them at the same time. good luck. but also keep in mind how much u use it also. I maybe get like 20 emails that I read on the watch and maybe like a 100 text and most I reply thru the watch. I consider that light use. I don't do music or nav thru it either

Posted via the Android Central App with my Moto X G1

Neibl

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I use the watch less to the same than that but I listen to music all day. But it's on my phone and occasionally controlled by the watch.

aqwesd

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Mine came off the charger at 5:30 this morning and I'm at 70% battery live and it's 5:02 here now. I probably got about 50 notifications today.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one getting barely through half a work day before having to recharge and then barely making it home?

You might be one of the very few. I didn't notice any difference at all. I can still go probably two days on a charge.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Uninstall all Wear watch apps you might have installed. Then clear the cache for Wear on the phone (very important step). Then uninstall Wear itself from the phone. Then factory wipe the watch. Then install Wear back on the phone. Configure but DO NOT load any Wear watch apps. Use it like this for days and see what happens.

Neibl

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I reset the watch completely and it fixed the issue back to two days battery BTW.

bjybhs8

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I just got my watch last night and charged overnight. I took it off the charger at 7:20 and 8 hours later I'm at 6%. I've been at work all day and getting a few notifications. I hope after another full charge, I'll reset the watch, uninstall android wear, and reboot the phone and monitor again tomorrow.

I hope my issue gets resolved like you did

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I just got my watch last night and charged overnight. I took it off the charger at 7:20 and 8 hours later I'm at 6%. I've been at work all day and getting a few notifications. I hope after another full charge, I'll reset the watch, uninstall android wear, and reboot the phone and monitor again tomorrow.

I hope my issue gets resolved like you did

First you will need to get the Wear updates, which might not happen immediately. Plus a few charge cycles will ramp up the battery. Make sure not to install any third-party wear apps until AFTER you are sure everything is working normally.

Bruno28

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Mine is on Second charge. Mine came with the update already just for your information.
The first charge lasted 14 hours before completely dead. Not happy.

The second up to now has lasted 33 hours and it's now at 21% left. But out of that 33 hours, half was in airplane mode as I was on a flight. The other was connected to device and receiving msg, email and other notification. Checking time was done evenly throughout the 33 hours.
Used motos watch face for 24 hours and the rest was the facer app.
If it stays on these times after first charge, I will be happy.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Third charge only lasted 20 hours with everything on. Except the ambient mode.

20 hours is quite reasonable. You must get lots of notifications and/or accidentally trigger the screen wake more often than typical. I usually have about 60% charge left after 16 hours off the charger.

Also, Lithium batteries will probably still improve more until maybe 5 or 6 charges (at which time it will slowly get worse over the following years).

Bruno28

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I did that yesterday. It fixed the battery monitor and storage that weren't showing up. But battery performance seems to stay under the 15 hours with notification and ambient light off. I'm testing today again and see how it goes.
It's been already 2.5 hours and I'm down to 85%

Battery is going fine quick.
Have a look at the wear app prediction of battery life.
219997c980ab618a54dfe4248416d44f.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech