Samsung phone and Moto watch

bmuc1017

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have the Moto watch and a Samsung phone? How come you didn't get a Samsung smart watch. I would really like my watch to sync with my S health but I heard a lot of good things about the Moto 360.

Posted via the Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just to throw this out there...

I have an HTC One M7 and use a Moto 360 w/ it.

No compatibility issues, they sync up very nice and I get the full experience I would expect from the Moto 360.

bmuc1017

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
How long have you had it? What is the best function you personally think the watch has that you enjoy?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
How long have you had it? What is the best function you personally think the watch has that you enjoy?

I've had the Moto 360 now for about 2 months. Love it. The last two updates have ironed out the initial poor battery life. Now its not uncommon to get a solid 10+ hours out of the watch depending on the amount of daily notifications you have coming it. Some people claim to get as much as 20 hours or more. But we can also control which services are sync'd to your Moto 360 by using the Android Wear app which allows you to block certain notifications from say FB, Google +, etc...

Being someone who gets a lot of updates since I volunteer in the forums as Mod Team Leader, my inbox is constantly loading up with stuff. Many times its nice to be able to just take a quick glance at my watch to see what is alerting me instead of having to open my phone every few seconds. I do like the step counter (pedometer), tells me if I've been lazy or not for the day :p

The ever growing availability of changeable faces is cool to. And very inexpensive for those who charge for higher end faces, usually only a buck or two. But I have found plenty of free faces to swap out that do the job.

Overall I'm very pleased with the Moto 360. Lets not forget about the cradle charging dock, take the phone off and toss it in there to charge up usually in less than an hour. Also makes a nice nightstand piece if your bored with your old alarm clock ;)

Sure there will be better out there with each new smart watch that hits the market but I think Moto did a very good job for being one of the first out of the gate.

bmuc1017

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your detailed response. I really appreciate the feedback. Now the last and final question is, have you heard of anything new and better coming out within the next month or so or should I invest in the Moto?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I know the LG Watch really caught the attention of some folks. I haven't seen it yet in person but I did consider it, but in the end I decided on the Moto 360. I just like what Motorola is bringing to the table these days across the board. Smartwatch, Moto X and now the Nexus 6. They really are making a hard to pass lineup.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a Note 4 and the Moto 360. I like to buy products with mainstream appeal so that I get the maximum availability. So, for that reason I chose an Android Wear watch instead of a Samsung Tizen watch for the same reason I chose an Android phone instead of a Microsoft phone.

I feel I have the best chance of getting the widest variety of applications and functions that will be supported for the longest time.

Why did I choose the Moto 360 over other Andread Wear watches? It's insanely nice looking. It doesn't look like the old Casio Data watch. I'll never buy a square watch.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Samsung smart watch syncs better with the default apps on my Samsung watch, compared to my Moto 360. I'm also able to dismiss or snooze alarms from my Samsung watch. However, the Moto 360 running Android Wear has Google Maps integration. Something my Samsung smart watch is lacking.

W U N F

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
i have a note 4 and a moto 360. i bought the new Gear S and while it was nice i returned it 3 days later. the samsung watches are nice, display are great but they are tizen based which is samsungs OS. except for the samsung gear live which is android wear but i dont like the looks.

I retunred it becasue i use a lot of google apps like the basic ones, messenger or hangouts, gmail, maps etc. none of these are compatibale with Tizen based watches. you get rich notifacation from them bu you cannot reply to them from the watch. you have to use the stock samsung "email app" and mesages in order to reply to emails to or texts. but if you use stock samsung apps then the gear s is a beautiful watch. best screen, touch sensitivity is awesome but the app store apps for tizen are not good and not many free. watch faces i dont like. so you will not be able to downlaod any apps for google play only the tizen samsung app store. while i am sutre it will gorw in the future, I want to use my watch now.

i love my moto 360. google now is responsive. oh also i highly dislike the " S voice from samsung" doesn work as well as google. so i use mtoto 360 because i use a lot og google based apps.

hope this helps, message me with any other questiosn and i will be glad to share my experience so far.

bojackr1

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
i have a note 4 and a moto 360. i bought the new Gear S and while it was nice i returned it 3 days later. the samsung watches are nice, display are great but they are tizen based which is samsungs OS. except for the samsung gear live which is android wear but i dont like the looks.

I retunred it becasue i use a lot of google apps like the basic ones, messenger or hangouts, gmail, maps etc. none of these are compatibale with Tizen based watches. you get rich notifacation from them bu you cannot reply to them from the watch. you have to use the stock samsung "email app" and mesages in order to reply to emails to or texts. but if you use stock samsung apps then the gear s is a beautiful watch. best screen, touch sensitivity is awesome but the app store apps for tizen are not good and not many free. watch faces i dont like. so you will not be able to downlaod any apps for google play only the tizen samsung app store. while i am sutre it will gorw in the future, I want to use my watch now.

i love my moto 360. google now is responsive. oh also i highly dislike the " S voice from samsung" doesn work as well as google. so i use mtoto 360 because i use a lot og google based apps.

hope this helps, message me with any other questiosn and i will be glad to share my experience so far.

This is all your fault... Because of all your great feed back I had to go get it on my break! Lol! Thanks for the great info.

Went to the Post Office and picked up a Movers Package and it had a 10% off Best Buy coupon in it. Got 25% off the watch!

Attachments

• 20141120_114132.jpg
    20141120_114132.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 21

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
This is all your fault... Because of all your great feed back I had to go get it on my break! Lol! Thanks for the great info.

Went to the Post Office and picked up a Movers Package and it had a 10% off Best Buy coupon in it. Got 25% off the watch!

Welcome to the club!

Don't forget our sister site Connectedly

Stop on by if you get the chance they would love to hear what you think about the watch and how it interacts with your current device.