moto 360 - Blank notification card on watch face.

PartTimeNinja

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Been using the Moto 360 for almost a month now and have recently noticed an annoying bug that keeps a blank notification card on my watch face when I turn it on. Pic attached shows my issue.
Swiping up on the watch face will display the card. It seems to happen when I do not (right swipe) close the weather notification card but rather leave it. Have only just noticed it, so not sure if it works yet with all notifications I do not close.
Am using the custom watch face editor from Motorola connect app which is just a picture. Nothing special.
Am curious to know if anyone else has been having this issue or know of any ways to get rid of it. My thinking is that if I don't close a notification card I would like that notification to show on the watch front when I turn it on and not display a blank card until I swipe up on the notification.
Much appreciated to any advice, and apologies if this repeats another thread, I did check but could not find anything.
IMAG0844.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's not happening on mine, but this is not the first time I've seen this happen. The last time someone posted a similar issue I believe it went away by resetting the watch. Of course, this means you lose your fitness tracking history if it hasn't been synced with Google Fit.

PartTimeNinja

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the advice spookdroid, and in a strange way it's good to know that other people are / have had the same issue, - sjsamdrake.
Rather than losing my fit data I went looking for other ideas, in the hunting process the battery on my watch died. Since recharging I have not had the issue, only been a couple of days since I tried it but looks like it has worked, and I don't think I have lost any of my data. Although after all the messing about with things I am doing, I am open to being corrected about this. Maybe that just turning the watch off and on again may solve it, but this is something I will try if it re-occurs.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, if your watch is turned off or the battery runs out, your data will not be deleted. It's good to know that also works, but I wish we could find out what caused that strange card to appear...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2