Google play services taking up space

Bruno28

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
What is the Google play services on my watch? It was 60mb but now it has gone to 98mb and seems to increase. What is this and how can I delete from the watches memory?

de65016c1d39b2a29f3c7e353df910ac.jpg

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Google play services handles access to the play store, api updates used by developers and Google, communication between various apps and Google maps, YouTube, search, Gmail, etc,and can add feature updates without updating Android. You can clear the cache by going to...

Settings--Application Manager--Select Google play services (under "all" or "dowmloaded" ---Manage space..
You can also get there through "Storage"
btw my phone shows 104 MB (~33MB for the app), so your usage is not out of the norm.

Attachments

• 58719.jpg
    58719.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 78

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
@mbryanr - will clearing the cache in the phone's storage also clear the cache build-up on the 360? I asked about this in another forum, and have yet to receive a reply.

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
@mbryanr - will clearing the cache in the phone's storage also clear the cache build-up on the 360? I asked about this in another forum, and have yet to receive a reply.

Only that associated with play services, or any of the Google Apps/others that use it. There are other apps that use up storage, stored in the cache.. Some can be deleted without any major issues, most is so small that having what ever data/downloads that is stored, ie game progression, is worth it.

Bruno28

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Google play services handles access to the play store, api updates used by developers and Google, communication between various apps and Google maps, YouTube, search, Gmail.

Thanks for the info. Didn't know why it was thwre and using so much.

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
It does. You can always try disabling, and see what happens. I saw on another thread that YouTube doesn't work, and you may not get notifications for updates.

Bruno28

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
It does. You can always try disabling, and see what happens. I saw on another thread that YouTube doesn't work, and you may not get notifications. And other stuff, for ~100 MB, it's not worth it to me. Not when I have >1GB games.

Edit : just saw your available storage. Ouch.
I don't use youtube notifications anyway.
How do you have so many games? Games for the watch?

Anikha121

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Google play services can't open

Google play services can't manage space because internal storage is running out. What is the best remedy to fix that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87