Got mine today... questions

xchampx13

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
So I ordered one online from best buy and it came today, was very excited! But from the start I feel like ive had a bit to many issues... First It came completely dead so I had to charge it up atleast a half hour or so just to turn it on, then I charged it up to about 90%, installed updated and all and started setting it up. The whole time I wore the watch it was quite warm and it went from 90% to 35% within 30-45 minutes. I set it up with my S4 through the gear and moto apps, didnt download apps for every voice action but some, turned off ambient screen, and pretty much tried to figure out how to use it through that time. Only apps it said I have installed in the start menu is fit, the moto apps and play music, but I know I gave it permission for weather, email, hangouts etc. also moto connect crashed on me atleast twice. Im still learning how to use Wear and get around it(a bit confusing at first), but I feel like atleast some of this isnt very normal. any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

EDIT: Also I just received another update right now if it is supposed to change anything.

Last edited:

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
So what is your question? Everything you've said seems normal. Charging it out of the box is normal, the first several charges and discharges go by pretty quick. It will get a lot better after a few full charge cycles. All of your notifications are based on what you normally get on your phone and then mirrored to the watch. Plus, Google Now is a big part of the Wear experience, so if you aren't using that, I suggest setting it up to get the most out of the device.

Posted via Android Central App

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Would've been best to top it off on the charger before anything else. 100%. Also would've been better to start using it without adding apps for the first day or two to get a good feel for it. After that install apps one at a time to be able to identify if any app causes issues. As said beforw, the battery settles in after a couple of days.

Posted via the Android Central App

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Does the watch drain your phone battery quicker?

Anytime you use bluetooth and leave it on it's going to put a small slight drain your battery. But, because I use my watch to answer texts and check emails now alot and don't pull my phone out of my pocket or pick it up of the counter and look at it, my phone battery lasts longer.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs