Battery life seems worse...

cjohn4043

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Ever since the Lollipop update yesterday (the "T" version), my 360 battery life seems worse. I could normally make it a full day and end up with like 50-60%. I'm now down to 35%ish and my "day" is technically still going. Maybe a factory reset is in order...?

Last edited:

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing. I had added a few watch faces, but I don't think that would have any impact on battery life.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
6:30am to 10:30pm for me today, and I'm at 11%. That's 16 hours, and I played with Facer a lot today, and had a crap load of notifications as well. I did have a hell of a time getting Facer and the new Android Wear playing nicely with the Moto 360 after the update, and ended up doing a complete removal and reinstall of Facer and a reset of the watch. I definitely cleared the cache on Android Wear, and may have even performed a reinstall of it, but I wouldn't swear to that last one. In any case, a reset may of your watch and clearing your Android Wear cache can't hurt. I removed Facer because it showing up twice in my watch.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Seems worse here, too. Was in theater mode at the movies and still drained a significant amount. Might do a reset soon.

Posted via the Android Central App

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
For those of you seeing increased battery drain, open up the Android Wear app on your phone and tap on the settings icon at the top-right corner. Then go to "Watch Battery". It'll tell you which apps are eating the most battery.

I noticed a huge battery drain when I started to play with watch faces in Facer. The "Watch Battery" monitor confirmed that Facer was the biggest battery draining app.

I've switched to WatchMaker and my battery drain disappeared. After 15 hours today, it shows up at the bottom of the list with 1% battery usage. WatchMaker (with the $0.99 in-app purchase) can import the *.face and *.watch files on facerepo.com. Also I think the editor is much better than Facer, so I'm definitely happy with my purchase.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I removed Facer, but also got an update that finally got my HTC One M8 update to 4.4.4. Not sure starts affected it, but my battery life is much better today:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419267379995.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419267379995.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 60

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I had issues with mine for a day, but it doesn't seem that bad now. I'm using Facer as well, and I thought it might have been that. I also think, for whatever reason, it could be theater mode that was killing my battery. I had it in theater mode all day while I was at work (thinking with the screen off and no notifications, it should save the battery) and it COMPLETELY died in about 5 hours.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
This morning, after having horrendous battery life, I was unable to get the phone and watch connected. I reset the watch, uninstalled and reinstalled Android Wear, and charged the phone back up. I've been going 12 hours, and now have 60%. Looks like it's back in business!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419571934650.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419571934650.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 49

lando43

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I uninstalled all the apps I had downloaded, and for the past two days I am getting great battery life,more than 18 hours and over 50%of battery left, maybe coincidence, maybe not