Moto 360 Battery?

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, so I got my Moto 360 today as a Christmas present from my girlfriend and am wondering if I have a defective unit. I powered it on and went ahead an installed the necessary updates and noticed that the battery had depleted by about 30 percent in 15 minutes of use.
I figured the watch just needed to be fully charged so I went ahead and charged it to max and let it sit. I pulled it off the charger at 100% battery and within 5 minutes of no use I managed to drop to 92%. I continued to use the watch for about an hour and decided that I had enough when I checked with only 62% remaining.
What's wrong? Is the battery life truly this bad? Is this normal in the first few days of use. At this rate I'm looking to return it to Best Buy and either get my GF's money back or trade up to a G Watch R.

C'mon Moto! I expected better after owning a Droid Turbo!!

Thanks in advance!

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Once you get it updated, your battery issue will be a thing of the past. I had, the same problems when I bought my 360. After the updates, battery life has been great for me. Also, it may take a few days, after the updates for the battery to "settle in." I hope that, this gives you some hope that it will get better.

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Update: I have deleted most of the apps I had, deleted motorola connect, disabled Google fit, deleted android wear and downloaded again, reset the watch with about 50% left.
And now it's saying around 7 hours of life on it with 46%.
I really encourage you all to do these steps since it seemed to have worked for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-06-10-36-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-06-10-36-58.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 25