Moto 360 is TUFF!

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I work outside for a living. I work for a very small landscaping company. We only have 3 guys in total. We don't mow or trim or anything like that, we build patios, walls, driveways, paths, install lighting, fountains, koi ponds, plant huge trees excetra. I've had my moto 360 for about 3 months now. The black leather band is marked up pretty bad, most of the Black is scratched off the buckle and I go through a screen protector in about 2 weeks. I put it through hell on a regular basis. Today, for instance, I jack hammered for two and a half hours and I ran a plate compactor for about 2 hours in total. Both those things vibrate like crazy! Since I work outside, it gets wet all the time and it also on many occasions is so covered with dirt and muck that I can't even see the screen. It has survived all of that and still works perfectly. I am an extreme use case scenario & I am very satisfied with the build quality and durability of this watch.

I am interested if anyone else puts their watch through similar rough use and how it is held up. Let's hear it!

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hope you don't mind--I clarified your thread title, since it originally read "Moto X is TUFF!" and you're actually talking about your 360!:)

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I was going to post something in the Moto X forum. But then I decided to do this one first but did not correct my train of thought with the title.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Great to know this thing can take a licking. Too bad the back cracks so often. I am awaiting my second replacement in a month. I don't do outdoor work often, just work at a computer and some light garage stuff evenings and weekends. During the time of my current replacement I only built a table and chair for my daughter, not too taxing on the band. I even kept my original leather band to make sure there wasn't undue stress on the back trying to break in a new band. The great news, Motorola is great about a replacement, and they upgraded me to the black metal band!

Thanks for the report Evilnut!

Cheers!

g2_havok

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
OP: have you tried a tempered glass screen protector? if such a protector can take the abuse you dish, i'd imagine typical office workers and fitness enthusiasts can definitely benefit from it.

full disclosure - i have a tempered glass screen protector on mine and love it. but i work in an office ;)

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
OP: have you tried a tempered glass screen protector? if such a protector can take the abuse you dish, i'd imagine typical office workers and fitness enthusiasts can definitely benefit from it.

full disclosure - i have a tempered glass screen protector on mine and love it. but i work in an office ;)

Haven't used a tempered glass one. I would probably break it! My coworker broke his tempered glass screen protector on his phone after only a week of use. My watch is still going strong. Even after all the these months of hard use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon