If You're Getting Bad Battery Life

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Exchange it. My first Moto 360 had awful battery life. Wearing it and barely using it, I couldn't even get 10 hours of battery life. Typically I'd get around 7-8 hours. Tried resetting it a couple of times, deleting everything...nothing helped. If I left it sitting on a table at 100% and didn't touch it until it died, it'd still be dead within about 12-13 hours.

I looked online at other people's battery drain and saw some people getting as low as 2% drain per hour, with typical drain around 4-5%. So I went to go exchange it at AT&T and the guy I spoke with told me it's not going to matter, that they all have terrible battery life. He said he had one and had to charge it 3 times a day because it would drain within 6 hours while barely using it. That was even worse than what I was getting. I asked to exchange it anyway.

My new watch is fantastic. Not as great as some other people claim, but perfectly acceptable. I average around 5-6% drain per hour with what I think is normal use. If I'm barely using it, it drains around 3% per hour. I'm still getting over 16 hours on a charge, which is a full day (obviously not counting ~8 hours of sleep). I don't mind charging my watch every night.

So if you're not even making it through a full day with moderate usage, exchange it. At first I just assumed I had something running that was draining my battery that other people weren't experiencing, but literally nothing has changed since my last watch to this one and I'm getting at least double the battery life. There are obviously defective 360's out there.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Exchange it. My first Moto 360 had awful battery life. Wearing it and barely using it, I couldn't even get 10 hours of battery life. Typically I'd get around 7-8 hours. Tried resetting it a couple of times, deleting everything...nothing helped.

Some might be defective, but just a reset often won't help... but sometimes a more exact procedure will before returning it as "defective": http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-360/471939-what-do-when-360-misbehaves.html

For other people, it is because they are waking their watch constantly with the motion function, and that can be turned off in settings as a test.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Some might be defective, but just a reset often won't help... but sometimes a more exact procedure will before returning it as "defective": http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-360/471939-what-do-when-360-misbehaves.html

For other people, it is because they are waking their watch constantly with the motion function, and that can be turned off in settings as a test.

Well, I covered that last bit in my original post. Nothing has changed since getting my new watch, besides getting over twice the battery life. I couldn't even let it sit on a table and not touch it without it dying on the same day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci