Side button not working, anyone else?

lucasbuck

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering, I used to be able to hold the side button for 3 seconds to access settings (and shut the watch off). Doesn't seem to work anymore, just turns the screen on and off. Anyone else have this issue?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering, I used to be able to hold the side button for 3 seconds to access settings (and shut the watch off). Doesn't seem to work anymore, just turns the screen on and off. Anyone else have this issue?
Check the settings to see if there's anything that would control that feature, and could have possibly been changed by accident. Since the button still turns the phone on/off, it tells me that it's not faulty, and the issue is on the software side of things.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
You have to wake the screen first by either tapping on the side button or tapping on the screen. After the screen is awake, then press and hold the side button and the Settings menu comes up.

tacofiend

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I got mine for Christmas and after about 3 weeks my button stopped working, I was scared to let it go completely dead or turn it off because I wouldn't be able to turn it back on. I just exchanged it for a new one. I noticed at that point the button on my old one had a lot of travel and the button felt mushy, whereas the new one doesn't travel far and has a distinct click. I think the first one might have been open box and they re-sold it as new.