Watch doesn't work after water!!!

segevbr

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
So I went to my friend and i got into his hot-tub and when i went out the screen didn't show anything besides of an empty screen lightning.
I really don't know what to do and I live in Israel, I just got this watch a few weeks ago and I don't know what to do. please help me!!!

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Try to dry the watch out as best you can. The old trick of placing it in a bag of rice overnight may help.

Other than that, I would contact Motorola for support.

coop5571

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your watch. you can try drying out as suggested earlier. For anyone else thinking its ok to get in a hot tub with your watch, its not. IP67 water resistant only intended for showers or briefly rinsing. It can handle being submerged in shallow less than one meter or about 3 feet. for less than 30 minutes. the deeper the water the more pressure is exerted on the seals and the seals will only hold for so long under pressure. This isn't scientific but if you were in 2ft of water it might last I hour and 1 foot might last 2 hours but eventually the seals will fail. I'm sure the hot water probably made it worse since the seals become more pliable when heated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC