Ever seen one in the wild?

Madevo

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Saw my first one in the wild while in Vegas for business a few weeks ago. Anyone else seen one out there in everyday life? I enjoy being the guy with a cool watch, but I imagine with the apple watch release imminent those days are limited.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Really? You've only seen one?
I see one on my wrist every day :p (Sorry, bad joke)

But seriously, I've seen at least 5 other people in my office (a bowling buddy actually got it because he saw mine), and I've seen a few out and about in San Diego, but yeah, it's not something as common, and I still get random conversations started with people who are intrigued as to why I'm talking to my watch or why I flick its little screen or why I keep touching it with my nose (when my hands are occupied, ironically, most of the time with the phone haha, I've gotten to the habit of turning the screen on to check time or dismiss notifications with my nose).

Last edited:

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Really? You've only seen one?
I see one on my wrist every day (Sorry, bad joke)

But seriously, I've seen at least 5 other people in my office (a bowling buddy actually got it because he saw mine), and I've seen a few out and about in San Diego, but yeah, it's not something as common, and I still get random conversations started with people who are intrigued as to why I'm talking to my phone or why I flick its little screen or why I keep touching it with my nose (when my hands are occupied, ironically, most of the time with the phone haha, I've gotten to the habit of turning the screen on to check time or dismiss notifications with my nose).
And I thought, I was the only one who did that with my nose! Haha!

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Saw my first one in the wild while in Vegas for business a few weeks ago. Anyone else seen one out there in everyday life? I enjoy being the guy with a cool watch, but I imagine with the apple watch release imminent those days are limited.

That's funny you say this. I've never seen one yet and I thought I was the only one, and everyone always asks me what is that still? The best one I get from a lot of people is "is that the new iwatch? When I reply yes and pull out my G3 😂

Posted via Android Central App

mugenlude19

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I sell European cars so I get Apple watch a lot being most of my demographic that buys those type of cars are Apple users.

I own a Volvo and dislike Apple.
I'm like the only one rocking an Android!

M8/360

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You know what? Maybe it's that the Moto360 is so 'watchlike' that maybe you just don't notice it that much. People ask me about it only after I start fiddling with the screen or keep bringing it up to my nose, but I'm sure that if I don't check notifications or the time, it could go almost unnoticed other than the 'why is there a mirror in your watch?' question.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had numerous people ask me about mine, probably because they see what looks like a normal watch but with no face and wonder what it is. No one's mistaken it for an iWatch yet, but most recognize it as a smartwatch of some sort. I have yet to see another in the wild, but I have seen a handful of Pebbles oddly enough.

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I have seen 2 in the wild. One on a guy at work, one randomly on a guy next to me at a stop light. I was on my motorcycle, so was literally 3 feet from his arm and thought about saying something, since his window was open. I get asked all the time what mine is, and have been asked, mostly around the time of the Apple Watch announcement, if it was Apple.

djreadycee

May 19, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine at work has one just like mine. Haven't seen anyone else with one in the wild yet but I saw a guy on the train with a LG G Watch R yesterday... it really looked huge I'm glad I chose the 360

kenpbuck

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Had one come through the pharmacy once. Didn't notice it at first until he commented on my Pebble.

Posted via the Android Central App

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I met someone at work who had one. Other than that, I haven't seen one in the wild. But then again, I'm not really looking all the time at what type of watch someone has.

bevcraw

Net Mod Emeritus
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'll be seeing one every day from now on. My Moto 360 arrived today. The 2 Feb 2015 $50 off code really helped.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Before getting mine, the first time I saw one was in the wilds of Vermont, funny enough. Tiny little town and the guy seemed taken aback I noticed the 360 on his wrist. (I was way too enthusiastic)

Posted via the Android Central App

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen one in the wild (on someone's wrist) prior to purchasing mine in December [I normally am either at work or home, hardly go anywhere due to the schedule I work 430pm - 4am], but ever since I've bought it and shown people at my job, not only have they been buying Note 4's and Note Edges since I let them use mine, but they've been buying moto 360's left and right... I love starting trends by just the show of awesomeness

Digital Moe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Never seen another one in the wild but I get people at work asking me all the time about mine. Best story was when I was at a speed dating event last month and the one of the girls said I have been watching you all evening and wondering what that watch is. Spent the whole time with her telling her about the watch which lead to me getting her number. Does seem to be good conversation starter.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Never seen another one in the wild but I get people at work asking me all the time about mine. Best story was when I was at a speed dating event last month and the one of the girls said I have been watching you all evening and wondering what that watch is. Spent the whole time with her telling her about the watch which lead to me getting her number. Does seem to be good conversation starter.

That should be a commercial.