Why is my Moto 360 unable to connect to Samsung Galaxy S5 after Android 5 update?

Nathan Truhan

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Moto 360 unable to connect to Samsung Galaxy S5 after Android 5 update

All,
Was wondering if anyone else had this problem and was able to find a resolution. I can't be the only one.

I had my Moto 360 paired to my Galaxy S5 G900V and was working fine on Android 4.4.4, it had the occasional disconnect, but always reconnected fine.
As soon as my phone upgraded to Android 5.0, the Moto 360 sits in a disconnected state and the phone is unable to connect to it.

I have tried to remove the Bluetooth device association from both devices and re-run the Moto Connect utility and it sees the device after a while and goes through the paring process including verifying the code, but then just sits there at the Connecting to your Watch... screen.

After Moto Connect failed, I tried to set my Bluetooth to be visible on the S5 and tried to scan for it from the Moto 360 and it found my laptop but not the phone, yet the phone connects up to my car just fine so the Bluetooth is working. But, if I scan for Bluetooth devices from my S5 after removing the Moto 360, it will find it and pair, but will not connect from there.

Has anyone else experienced the loss of connectivity after upgrading to Android 5 on their phone, and if so has anyone found a solution?

Thanks,
Nathan

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto 360 unable to connect to Samsung Galaxy S5 after Android 5 update

All,
Was wondering if anyone else had this problem and was able to find a resolution. I can't be the only one.

I had my Moto 360 paired to my Galaxy S5 G900V and was working fine on Android 4.4.4, it had the occasional disconnect, but always reconnected fine.
As soon as my phone upgraded to Android 5.0, the Moto 360 sits in a disconnected state and the phone is unable to connect to it.

I have tried to remove the Bluetooth device association from both devices and re-run the Moto Connect utility and it sees the device after a while and goes through the paring process including verifying the code, but then just sits there at the Connecting to your Watch... screen.

After Moto Connect failed, I tried to set my Bluetooth to be visible on the S5 and tried to scan for it from the Moto 360 and it found my laptop but not the phone, yet the phone connects up to my car just fine so the Bluetooth is working. But, if I scan for Bluetooth devices from my S5 after removing the Moto 360, it will find it and pair, but will not connect from there.

Has anyone else experienced the loss of connectivity after upgrading to Android 5 on their phone, and if so has anyone found a solution?

Thanks,
Nathan
Tried a factory reset on the 360? I had issues when I moved from my HTC One to my LG G3 connecting and staying connected. Factory reset on the Moto 360 solved it and its been fine (months) since.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

Also had an issue when I changed from a Nexus 5 to a Nexus 6 a while back. As mentioned above, resetting the watch fixed my issue as well.

Nathan Truhan

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site

Tried a factory reset on the 360? I had issues when I moved from my HTC One to my LG G3 connecting and staying connected. Factory reset on the Moto 360 solved it and its been fine (months) since.

Yep, had not tried doing a reset, performed the reset made Android Wear forget the existing connection and it connected up again.
Thank you.

Kadi D

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Sux that it's taken so long and STILL no answer to this question. I have the same problem & no matter what I've done nothing has fixed it. :-\