moto 360 crack

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I noticed this crack the other day when I was putting on my watch. I have never attempted to replace my band and it has never been in any situation where it was struck or dropped. I contacted Motorola and it is being covered by warranty. I think the cause is how the opening of the watch where the band attaches and comes in contact with that inside curve. I think they should have just gone straight across.

crack360.jpg

AvaMichele

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I have heard a lot of people that say that the back of their 360 has been cracked. Definitely seems like a design flaw.

Sent from my Turbo via Tapatalk

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey, I started seeing this problem as well and decided to get a sharp blade and heated it quite a while so I can make these cuts on the back since it's made of plastic, this was possible.
As for why the cracks appear the only reasonable explanation I have is because when you wear the watch, the band presses against the circular part and so it causes tension on that specific part of the watch.
I suggest you do this with a little more care since as you can see from mine, I messed up a little on the corner and it ended up with some scratches.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 20150228_220144.jpg
    20150228_220144.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 276

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I love my 360. I figure since it is still under factory warranty for mechanical defects why not get it replaced. I will probably buy the next version they come up with since this one has worked so well for me. I was worried that it being cracked, it wouldn't be as water resistant as expected.

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I just took a look, at the back side of my 360. And it too, has two hairline cracks on one side of the watch.

What, would be the best way, to get a replacement? I bought it from Best Buy, with the protection plan they offer. Or, would it be better to go through Motorola? I do not want a refurbished one, I would prefer a new one if at all possible.

Thanks for any ideas.

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I just took a look, at the back side of my 360. And it too, has two hairline cracks on one side of the watch.

What, would be the best way, to get a replacement? I bought it from Best Buy, with the protection plan they offer. Or, would it be better to go through Motorola? I do not want a refurbished one, I would prefer a new one if at all possible.

Thanks for any ideas.

I called Moto.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Xperia Z3 Compact or Blackberry Z10

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I called Moto.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Xperia Z3 Compact or Blackberry Z10
Quick question, did Motorola send you a brand new 360 or was It a refurbished one? Also, what type of information did you have to provide? Thanks!

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Quick question, did Motorola send you a brand new 360 or was It a refurbished one? Also, what type of information did you have to provide? Thanks!

They will send you one that has been reboxed, but have told me for my 2 replacements(and another crack now on this one) that they are new devices, just may have had damaged boxes/open boxes. Comes with all the normal accessories, plus you keep your charger, so you will get an extra.

I did the advanced replacement, and will again when I feel like calling for my current cracks. You give a credit card, they put a $200 hold on it, send you a 360 (2nd day), then you mail yours back, hold comes off credit card. Pretty easy. I have had no problems. I initially had to send some pics, but they didn't ask for any for the other ones.

It's honestly sad that I will be getting a third replacement. They even sent me the metal band for my current one. It made it 2 months. It's even quite loose on my arm, so not like I put stress on the back.

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
They will send you one that has been reboxed, but have told me for my 2 replacements(and another crack now on this one) that they are new devices, just may have had damaged boxes/open boxes. Comes with all the normal accessories, plus you keep your charger, so you will get an extra.

I did the advanced replacement, and will again when I feel like calling for my current cracks. You give a credit card, they put a $200 hold on it, send you a 360 (2nd day), then you mail yours back, hold comes off credit card. Pretty easy. I have had no problems. I initially had to send some pics, but they didn't ask for any for the other ones.

It's honestly sad that I will be getting a third replacement. They even sent me the metal band for my current one. It made it 2 months. It's even quite loose on my arm, so not like I put stress on the back.
Thank you, that helps me out on what I need to do for my replacement.

Did you have to ask them and/or pay for the different band they sent you? I have the gray leather one and I would like to see if they would send me a cognac leather instead.

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, that helps me out on what I need to do for my replacement.

Did you have to ask them and/or pay for the different band they sent you? I have the gray leather one and I would like to see if they would send me a cognac leather instead.

I asked on my first replacement, they said no, to upgrade to the metal band. It was after the second watch cracked in less than a month that they offered the upgrade for me. Since yours is essentially a "lateral" move, they may do it. Never hurts to ask!

Also, have your Serial Number handy. Another tip, keep track of your calls. I have read some folks having issues, then getting on the Motorola forums and asking for help. They always want to know the details of the calls, Date/Time, Representative Name, Expectations Set, etc.

Cheers!

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Looks like moto didn't do proper FEA on the 360, that or they are having material quality issues. Either way, it is disappointing.

Sent from my XT1096

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Mine 1 month in cracked in three places so I called Motorola and got a free replacement and I have been more cautious after the first incident

Posted via the Android Central App

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I have the "female" band steel 360. Wondering if all the steel 360 are at risk or only the larger bands?

Only had my watch a few weeks. So far no cracks.

Rocking the Note 4

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Ugh. I just checked mine and it's also cracked in the same exact location.

What number did you call?
Be polite
initiate through live chat window on Moto website. I said I discovered while putting my watch on. I said it looks to be a design flaw because you can see where the band and the bottom of the watch come in contact.
Other than that, the band has worn in nicely. kinda bummed I am going to have to "break" the new one in. I am going to pay more attention to the watch this time around. I forgot how stiff the leather was and I can see the stress put on the underside where it comes in contact. Maybe take a pic with date and time on it every time I put it on since people have had to exchange theirs more than once.
I still love this watch over the other android options. I might try a metal band.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I chatted yesterday, and I'm being sent a replacement.

The chat rep, and the customer service rep I talked to were both fantastic. I was really impressed with their support.

tripleh3lix

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I chatted yesterday, and I'm being sent a replacement.

The chat rep, and the customer service rep I talked to were both fantastic. I was really impressed with their support.

When you got sent a replacement, did they try to charge you or make you send the watch back first? Just curious.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund