Moto 360 now or wait for the successor?

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I know it's got to be close for the 2nd gen 360 2 come out. Should I wait or go on and buy this now?

I have not seen many rumors about a second gen watch. I would hate to buy then a new one at the same price point come out.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I nor anyone else that will post in this thread has any real idea when the moto 360 successor will come out...

That being said, it has not been out very long and I do not at all expect any update until at least September, if not later. They could definitely update the thing and make it better, but only marginally. I doubt it would be worth the investment.

I finally decided I could not wait and ordered mine from Amazon yesterday.

Sent from my XT1096

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Considering how long they teased us with the release of the first one I'm not holding my breath for a quick release on the second gen. I bought mine just a few weeks ago.

Rocking the Note 4

chris4404

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering the same question. I have the Gear Live now and looked on eBay for a cheaper 360. Is it worth the $100 for the upgrade?

terrrrrible

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
With the 360 on Moto Maker now, I was wondering the same thing. I'll probably wait until some reviews of those devices come out to make a decision.

Charles Hinkle

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Just bought mine a few days ago and I'm very happy with it. No regrets if a new model surfaces. Updated to 5.0.2 right away after initial charge and it has worked flawlessly. Even battery life has been very good. Been off the charger for about 7 hours and I'm at 75%. Android wear estimates about 22 hours left. Great looking piece.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to buck the trend here. I love my 360. I bought it as soon as it came out, and it is my daily watch. However, I consider the first generation of Wear watches, including the the 360 to be "early adopter" versions. If someone is considering a smart watch now, I would strongly advise to wait for the 2nd generation. My God, the new LG Urbane is gorgeous, making our current top of the heap 360s look cheap by comparison. I'd also like to think that manufacturers are getting their watches fine tuned to get us closer to the 48 hour mark with battery power (I want a week, but I have to be realistic -- that won't happen for a while), or 24 hours with continuous display. It should also be considered that the Wear OS will improve and upgrade over time, and we have no guarantee how far the first generation will be able to keep up with Wear upgrades -- the same fragmentation that is a shortcoming in the android phone world, is likely to exist in the android watch world.

Having said that, if finances are a concern, 1st gen watches will hit fire sell prices shortly after the 2nd generation hits the market, so that is something to consider as well. I just saw a Samsung Gear watch on a deal of the day site for $89 the other day.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Even with the issues I have had, I really like my moto360 and have no regrets. I will have my eye out for the next release.

Me too... I am hooked now. Only real improvements I would like would be thinner, no "flat tire" on the screen, and a better strap mounting system (lugs). Anything else would just be gravy.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
That is just outing some prototypes. It could be many months before design selection, testing, refinement, production, then retail... and it could look or behave quite differently by then.
Agreed. I have to say I was not moved by this "revelation". I haven't decided whether or not I will go with the second generation, or wait for the the 3rd. I mean, buying a new smart watch every year seems a bit excessive, unless there are some pretty major advancements. Even as much as I love the aesthetic appearance of the new LG watch, I'm doing my best to sit on my hands and not jump at the very next "best" thing. I upgrade my phone every two years; I'll probably follow a similar philosophy on my watch (if I can control my impulse buying).

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I am also on the fence between buying the Moto 360 or wait for the LG Urbane. Can't decide if I should wait or not, even though I don't even know when it will be available.
Which one to you guys believe looks better when wearing a suit?
Cheers

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I am also on the fence between buying the Moto 360 or wait for the LG Urbane. Can't decide if I should wait or not, even though I don't even know when it will be available.
Which one to you guys believe looks better when wearing a suit?
Cheers
Urbane. Hands down.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Should I wait then, in your opinion?
I don't wear a suit every day, but I do wear a shirt and tie frequently, and when I "suit up", I change my watch face accordingly. A nice watch face really improves the appearance of the Moto 360, especially if you are in a scenario where you can afford the battery life to show the watch face permanently.

Stepping up to the Urbane with the superior exterior appearance would amplify that impact, in my opinion. If I didn't already own a 360, I would personally wait for the Urbane for the more professional appearance.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't wear a suit every day, but I do wear a shirt and tie frequently, and when I "suit up", I change my watch face accordingly. A nice watch face really improves the appearance of the Moto 360, especially if you are in a scenario where you can afford the battery life to show the watch face permanently.

Stepping up to the Urbane with the superior exterior appearance would amplify that impact, in my opinion. If I didn't already own a 360, I would personally wait for the Urbane for the more professional appearance.
Thanks for your input :)

Dudefella123

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Love it, just get it, it is cheap

75265ed77188cb6bc4d6fce86bcd1292.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL