Not showing notifications

Clancey123

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Just bought my Moto 360 today and already having problems. It won't show my notifications sometimes. My phone will receive them but my watch will not vibrate and nothing will appear on the screen.

Watch is running 5.0.2
My Note 4 is running 5.0.1

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Note 4 sometimes. Restart (not reset) the watch and it should help. I've noticed that it usually happens after I delete or swipe away a GMail notification, so that might be 'triggering' it.

Also try swiping up when your notifications aren't showing. That should trigger the watch to look for notifications and might re-establish the connection, but restarting it usually works best.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if you're only receiving some notifications or none, but if you're not receiving any, go to your phone's notification settings, and make sure Android Wear has been granted notification access. I noticed when you set up a new Wear device sometimes it's enabled automatically, and sometimes not.

AC App
Nexus 6

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I think the problem he's having is what I'm having sometimes... the watch does show notifications, but randomly throughout the day it seems to 'lose' the connection and just stops displaying them, until you either restart it or force the notification check. And it also happens to me on a Note 4, so not sure if the problem is the phone (which is also known to have some BT issues of its own) or the watch (which also had BT connection issues when it launched, but apparently fixed with the first update).

Clancey123

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Don't know if you're only receiving some notifications or none, but if you're not receiving any, go to your phone's notification settings, and make sure Android Wear has been granted notification access. I noticed when you set up a new Wear device sometimes it's enabled automatically, and sometimes not.

AC App
Nexus 6

When it does happen I do not receive any notifications. The granted notification access is checked as well.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's the same thing I'm seeing. I've tried resetting the watch several times to no avail. Sometimes it'll make it through the day without 'losing' connection, but sometimes it does. I just swipe up from the empty watch screen and that kinda triggers the reconnection (you can even see some 'stuck' notifications that suddenly realize they're not there anymore).

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a problem with receiving texts and seeing phone calls come through. I'm receiving all the cards but no notifications. I'm connected too. Android wear is NOT showing up in the notification pane on my phone anymore, and I can't figure out why. I've already reset the watch. Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

sfringer

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
The latest update to Google Play Services has made the Android Wear "connected" notification dismissable (and apparently dismissed by default).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I hope they did, that notification was only cluttering my bar. But I can't get the update for a couple weeks (currently in -everything is blocked, especially Google- China)

sfringer

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I hope they did, that notification was only cluttering my bar. But I can't get the update for a couple weeks (currently in -everything is blocked, especially Google- China)

I received the update yesterday and can confirm the ever-present notification is now gone.

Safe travels SpookDroid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO