Upgrading my Moto 360 Today

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
So, back when this device first came out I bought a black one, with a black band. I really like it, but I find I can't wear it often as I wear suits a lot...and often times will were brown belt and shoes, and the black watch just doesn't fit.

So, this weekend I decided to pop for a silver 360 with metal band. At $239.99 on Amazon I felt like it was a good price and went for it. It is out for delivery by UPS right now, and I'm really excited to get it. Has anyone else made the upgrade to metal and has it changed the different situations in which you can wear the watch? I'm hoping that I'll wear it and get more use out of it, with the look being more versatile.

I think I'll likely also hang out to my old one to use for working out and what not...does anyone switch back and forth between two Moto 360's? Is it a challenge or can the phone be paired with both at the same time?

zavandiver

May 2, 2014
Visit site
So, back when this device first came out I bought a black one, with a black band. I really like it, but I find I can't wear it often as I wear suits a lot...and often times will were brown belt and shoes, and the black watch just doesn't fit.

So, this weekend I decided to pop for a silver 360 with metal band. At $239.99 on Amazon I felt like it was a good price and went for it. It is out for delivery by UPS right now, and I'm really excited to get it. Has anyone else made the upgrade to metal and has it changed the different situations in which you can wear the watch? I'm hoping that I'll wear it and get more use out of it, with the look being more versatile.

I think I'll likely also hang out to my old one to use for working out and what not...does anyone switch back and forth between two Moto 360's? Is it a challenge or can the phone be paired with both at the same time?

Here is the link for Google's instructions for using 2 watches on one phone.
https://support.google.com/androidwear/answer/6058799?hl=en

g2_havok

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
just to clarify - did you mean black leather band...? in that case, i would've just bought a black metal band as a replacement but that's just me.

nothing wrong with having 2 360's tho!

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
just to clarify - did you mean black leather band...? in that case, i would've just bought a black metal band as a replacement but that's just me.

nothing wrong with having 2 360's tho!
I have a black one with black leather band. That's my original one. I wanted the silver so I could wear it with brown belt and shoes. Metal band wouldn't have changed that, were it still black.

I just might keep both!

TJ Kelly Jr

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I switched to the metal band from the leather, and have zero regrets!!! I love the metal band. Be prepared to take it to a jeweler to size the band if it doesn't fit (my band came with 4 extra links but I bought it seperate from the watch so hopefully yours did too). Unless you can do the sizing yourself, which isn't hard with the right tools

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I wanted the silver so I could wear it with brown belt and shoes.

I was wearing my black one with a black leather band yesterday with my brown boots and a brown belt. But, I was jackhammering so I guess that really doesn't matter does it :).

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I had the black leather, then bought the metal when it came out. I love it. looks way better. I did it my self was real easy bought the tools AC listed in his video for around 25 on amazon. but now I feel its to fancy for work :) so I bought a LG g watch on amazon for $100 for work.

Posted via AC app on my X 14

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a silver Moto 360 with the silver metal band. The first thing I did when I got it was take the metal band off and replace it with a leather band. I simply hate metal bands.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a silver Moto 360 with the silver metal band. The first thing I did when I got it was take the metal band off and replace it with a leather band. I simply hate metal bands.

Then why did you buy the model with the metal band to begin with?!? I'll be glad to take that metal band off your hands if you want. PM or email me.