It Just Won't Leave My Mind

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
This past Feb if I remember correctly, I bought a moto 360. Will I live on a very low monthly income, and I was needing two tires for my little truck pretty bad, and still needing them.

I kept the moto 360 for 24 hours, until the critic in my head made me feel so bad, I returned it for a refund.

I just can't get the thing out of my mind, I've kept trying to tell myself I don't need it, I don't get texted hardly at all, and I don't receive many phone calls. If not for my work, I wouldn't need a phone at all, so a smart watch really doesn't fit my needs. I want to make it work out, to fit my lifestyle so bad but I don't know what other things it does to justify spending $250.

Like most people ;-), $250 is a lot of dam_ money for me to lay down on something of this nature.

I have a fittish for watches, I love the thought of being able to change watch faces. But I am not to familiar with other ways a smart watch could benefit someone, other than calls and text.

The short time I spent with it, I liked google keep, but paper is a hell of a lot cheaper than the moto 360.

Help! I want so bad to make this work out. Lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The way I do it is simple. Can I live with what I have, and can I justify spending the money on what I want (regardless of how much I can afford to spend)? In most cases, other than daily living, bills, etc., the answer is "don't spend it". I have a Note 3. I'd like a Note 4, but I can't justify spending any money for the little it would give me. (Running a ported Note 4 ROM gives me just about everything that's different, and it's free.)

Guns or butter - it's a basic economic formula. Or, as my father taught me, you can spend it when you're young, or you can spend it after you retire, but you can't spend the same dollar twice.

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Some ideas...

Buy one on Craigslist and save yourself a good chunk of change.

Uses...

-You can listen to music, assuming you have bluetooth headphones (no phone required to do this, since you can store music on the watch).
-You can use it to control your music play back on the phone.
-You can make reminders while driving.
-You can use it as a voice recorder for recording those amazing world-changing thoughts that zip through your brain and you don't want to lose.
-You can use it as your navigation screen when using Google Maps.
-You can tell time with it.
-You can check your schedule/calendar.
-You can check the weather.
-You can use it as a tiny portable calculator.
-You can use it to design amazing watch faces to bless the rest of us.
-You can use it to check your heart rate.
-You can use it as a pedometer.
-You can use it for all manners of athletic tracking.
-You can use it as a stop watch.
You can use it as a timer.
You can use it as an alarm.

That should at least get you started with some justifications. ;-)

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Some ideas...

Buy one on Craigslist and save yourself a good chunk of change.

Uses...

-You can listen to music, assuming you have bluetooth headphones (no phone required to do this, since you can store music on the watch).
-You can use it to control your music play back on the phone.
-You can make reminders while driving.
-You can use it as a voice recorder for recording those amazing world-changing thoughts that zip through your brain and you don't want to lose.
-You can use it as your navigation screen when using Google Maps.
-You can tell time with it.
-You can check your schedule/calendar.
-You can check the weather.
-You can use it as a tiny portable calculator.
-You can use it to design amazing watch faces to bless the rest of us.
-You can use it to check your heart rate.
-You can use it as a pedometer.
-You can use it for all manners of athletic tracking.
-You can use it as a stop watch.
You can use it as a timer.
You can use it as an alarm.

That should at least get you started with some justifications. ;-)

Thank you, I like the reminders part, the calendar part would be nice, some of these I didn't know it could do. I thought it was mostly to notify who called or texted you.

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
The way I do it is simple. Can I live with what I have, and can I justify spending the money on what I want (regardless of how much I can afford to spend)? In most cases, other than daily living, bills, etc., the answer is "don't spend it". I have a Note 3. I'd like a Note 4, but I can't justify spending any money for the little it would give me. (Running a ported Note 4 ROM gives me just about everything that's different, and it's free.)

Guns or butter - it's a basic economic formula. Or, as my father taught me, you can spend it when you're young, or you can spend it after you retire, but you can't spend the same dollar twice.

So so true, wise man your father is :)

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
No, I'm with Verizon. I went ahead and bought the silver version with the gray band. Walmart has a 14 return policy, so I figured I'd take advantage of this. So far I've spent two and a half days with it, there are some things I like about it and some I don't. I like getting notification (though I hardly get called or texted), I found this really nice when mowing the lawn or riding my motorcycle, I know when I get a call from work because it vibrates on your wrist.

The music controls are awesome with rdio, I've walked around the house, be in a different room and control the volume, that's just sick. Being able to change watch faces is another thing I like, I love watches. Though there are few apps worth while, I say that loosely, I'm still learning, I like the ones I've downloaded, calculator app, wear speaker is cool, and some tennis game.

Things I don't like, the heart rate monitor doesn't work, your lucky if it does, the fitness part of this watch is a joke. Speaking to this watch is hit or miss sometimes, I have at times had to repeat several times to send a text message, very annoying. And the battery life isn't great but not a deal breaker, I wear a watch maybe 12 hours each day, I charge things every day, my phone and so I can this watch (if I keep it).

So far it's kind of nice but I'm starting to be more in favor of returning it, I've lived my life without a smart watch, so I suspect I can continue to live but I still have until may the 6th to return it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance