Moto 360: Android 5.1.1 Update

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: moto 360 wifi update

the articles ive read said several weeks after android wear update..

so basically in a week or two.

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone got 5.1 on thier Android Wear yet?

Just want to know if performance got better?

Posted via the Android Central App

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone got 5.1 on thier Android Wear yet?

I'm just hoping it doesn't cripple the watch, as the hardware already feels completely maxed out...

AC App
Nexus 6

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site

Yeah. This watch is definitely starting to feel it's age.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

Yeah. This watch is definitely starting to feel it's age.

Well, it is not that old, but they started with an older chip, so it does feel a bit "taxed". Anyway, I have a feeling 5.1 is quite a ways off...

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

lol "starting to feel its age"? you guys are high, my moto 360 is working as well as it was since day 1. I think people are too bent on getting cellphone like performance from the 360, which is why they always think the watches functions are sub-par. However for a smart watch, the moto 360 is a beast. There is no need for even a snapdragon 400 and 512 mb of ram on a watch (some phones have this in them...), it is a tiny screen, with a cellphone backing up its functions. The processor in the moto360 is more than powerful enough to keep the moto 360 chugging along for many updates to come. I truly feel that people need to re evaluate what a smart watch does/ should do. which is namely be a notifier on your wrist, not just a second smaller cellphone.

eflyersteve

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site

My 360 is smoother than ever. I can imagine it sucks, those that are having poor perfromance. I've seen nothing but improvements with each update.

taguluchi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

lol "starting to feel its age"? you guys are high, my moto 360 is working as well as it was since day 1. I think people are too bent on getting cellphone like performance from the 360, which is why they always think the watches functions are sub-par. However for a smart watch, the moto 360 is a beast. There is no need for even a snapdragon 400 and 512 mb of ram on a watch (some phones have this in them...), it is a tiny screen, with a cellphone backing up its functions. The processor in the moto360 is more than powerful enough to keep the moto 360 chugging along for many updates to come. I truly feel that people need to re evaluate what a smart watch does/ should do. which is namely be a notifier on your wrist, not just a second smaller cellphone.
It does what I need it to do its an accessory to your phone its convenient!

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site

Yes I got the new Android Wear but the watch still hasn't updated.

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

I used to agree with you, then I picked up a g watch to wear for sports. it is so much smoother than my 360, lasts 2 days, and voice transcription worked faster and better. ended up selling my 360 and gonna get a GWR instead

Posted via AC app on my X 14

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

I've used just about every smart watch there is, except the zenwatch, and haven't found there to be any real leaps and bounds in performance. The g watch and even the urban both have worse screens imo, they're smaller, have odd viewing angles, and aren't that great for viewing text. I agree the newer processors are far better at managing battery life, however as far as performance goes, I could care less about how quickly or smoothly the cards move across the screen. Again, it is a watch with smart capabilities. As long as the screen comes on when I lift my arm, and it shows me my steps and notifications within a flick of my finger, I could care less what's ticking away inside it. As far as speech to text goes, I have never has an issue with it, any text message, email, spoken website, all work just fine. Even words and names that are complicated for me to spell the watch understands.
When I was shopping for a smart watch I did days of research and comparisons. And out of all, the moto 360 was perfectly funtional, good looking, and lasting just long enough (day to night battery). I love being able to take off my 360, and simply set it down on the cradle to charge. No parts to snap-on or fit on the watch.

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

I wouldn't get a gwr, no wifi capabilities. .. very useful feature. Get notifications when your phones not around.

maybe I had a bad 360, cuz the darn thing gave me a lot of grief. freezing, random days where the battery wud drain like crazy( one time it was 100% and it said it wud last 19 minutes and did!) it wud be fine for a week, then one day wud do something stupid. after 5 months I had it. sold it now want the GWR. as far as WiFi I dont see that as a value to me. dont wear my watch at home and at work my phone is in my pocket always. but just in case I dont understand the full features of WiFi, the GWR will get it later this year.

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-g-watch-r-wi-fi-connectivity-q3-610457/

Posted via AC app on my X 14

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

Possibly, a lot of times people say that simply doing a full reset and reinstalling the wear and fit apps helped. I'm sure there's always bad electric bananas in the bunch.

And yea I saw that article after typing my initial post.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

Just going to echo, no update to the watch here on my Moto 360.

However, my Asus ZenWatch has already received the 5.1.1 update and I'm liking it! Lots of little touch-ups and some new layouts / features, works great so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781