Step counter accuracy

mindshadow

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Does anybody find the moto 360 gives more steps than you actually walk?

I've only just bought the watch and pretty happy with it but the accuracy of step counter seems wildly innacurate. Has anybody had any similar experiences?

Posted via the Android Central App

Thomas Hemetri

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi
Since the last update of Google Fit, my steps are twice the value it shoud be. It seems that it has been solved a few days ago. May be it is the same for you.

mindshadow

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I've only recently started using the moto 360 so I can't compare to any previous updates but it definitely seems to have at least doubled just as you say.

Even this morning it says I've done 18 steps and I haven't even moved out of bed!

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it's way off. Some days it's in the ballpark, but many days it wildly inflates my steps. For me that's not unique to the watch though. The Fit app on my phone has been doing the same thing since it's last update.

I also noticed the Fit step goal on my 360 is different than the goal I set Fit at on my phone. The watch is congratulating me for hitting my goal when I have more than half way to go... which I will hit too quickly anyway because the 360 and phone are inflating my steps so much lol. Very annoying!

AC App
Nexus 6

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I too have same issue, I'm using S Health with my S6 Edge and before i got this watch I would normally try to hit 6700 steps a day, however yesterday I hit 14k steps which is ball park of 8.1 miles. But I know for a fact I only jogged 3.2 miles last night and maybe 2miles max during the day. which would put me at 5.2 not 8.1......

seems useless if it's going to mess up the ones on my phone. Also got alerts saying i met my goal which was 10k steps on the watch but watch only showed about 6 or 7k steps.... which was odd..... got several alerts saying i met the goal and also got alerts saying i still needed X amount of miles..

mindshadow

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I find moto body steps is also innacurate. It tells me I've done more than double what I have. I hope it's a software issue that they can fix

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Worth noting yesterday I rebooted watch and phone and put one of the stock faces on entire day. Results were way better had 8k ish steps on my phone and 8k ish steps on my watch.

I was using Ranger dial face with compass when it was acting up . Also noticed my batter laster twice as long.

Spallboy

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I've always taken using it as a pedometer with a pinch of salt and more of a pat on the back then an actual measure as I've never tested the accuracy.

I can however say that regardless of how accurate it is the two apps I have on there give massive different numbers, for example at the moment fit (on phone and watch) is telling me I've done 4897 steps so far today whereas moto body is telling me I've done 5137.

Squashed under a Nexus 6

sfringer

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed steps getting subtracted from my count quite frequently. I use the Google Fit watchface for quick visibility of the count. For example, yesterday morning, it indicated ~3400 steps, while looking at it there was a sudden drop to ~1500 steps. I was sitting in a chair. I think the issue stems from not having my phone with me all of the time. The watch does a good job of tracking my steps, and then when I get back into range of my phone it decides to overwrite whatever my watch has collected. This seemed to get really aggressive about two updates back with Google Fit (though I think the latest Wear/Play Services update is at play as well).

Jim Astley

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I have the opposite issue. Motobody undercounts my steps on the treadmill by 20%. (Calculated by manually counting cadence and multiplying by minutes). Interestingly, it seems accurate when road running. Must need the shock of hard landing.

Wearing the watch while lawn mowing produces huge counts. Lawn mower vibration obviously interpreted as steps.

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Google fit is inaccurate, but I don't get extra I get less. Walk 3 miles and it records 1.57!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084