Need Advice: Should I wait?

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I've been looking into getting a smart watch for my Galaxy S5, and I've seen some really good reviews for the Moto 360 and practically have been druelling over it for a while now. I'm on the fence between getting it now, since it's only $150, and waiting until the second generation comes out. It's supposedly coming out soon, which suppresses my want for the Moto 360, but rather the second generation. What are your opinions?

Posted via the Android Central App

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Well if $150 is really good, if you end up waiting you'll be paying double that or more for the new one. I got mine for $200 just because I got the mental band and I'm really enjoying it.
I'd say if you don't mind not having the latest and greatest get it now

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I think I might just get it. How durable is it? I work in a woodshop, and it gets really dusty in there, and there's a change I could hit it against some things.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I think I might just get it. How durable is it? I work in a woodshop, and it gets really dusty in there, and there's a change I could hit it against some things.

I'm in a similar boat with my job. I got a glass screen protector off Amazon for it and they make a skin like protector you can put on the body, though it is on back order this end of July I think

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same exact boat, I would love to get the LG watch r but missed the fire sale.

I really like the LG G Watch R as well, but I just found a coupon code from Motorola that drops the price of the 360 down to $199. For that price, I pulled the trigger. (Though I can always return it within 30 days, I believe).

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I finally made up my mind and ordered the 360 yesterday and it should be here tomorrow. And actually, the Moto 360 (Leather) is only $150 on Amazon, Google Play, and Motorola's website. Thanks for all the comments! I can't wait to un-box this beast!

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
When I ordered my 360, I picked one-day shipping so I could get it by Friday, July 3rd and not have to wait through the weekend, who h was an additional $22! However, the shipment was delayed a day, and I now have to wait until Monday to get it. I contacted Amazon about how it really wasn't fair that I had to pay for a service that wasn't reachable in this case, so they reimbursed me 35% of the total cost which came out to $60 back. So technically, I just saved an ADDITIONAL $60 on top of the $100 on the Moto 360. Yeah, I have to wait the weekend out, but I ain't even mad.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine directly from Moto on July 2nd, but it's taking soooo long to ship. I used a coupon for 20% off, dropping the price down to $199.99, so I guess I can't complain. But why is the wait so long?

Mheato

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Had a horrible time trying to order from motorola directly. Tried to send it to my work address and they flagged it and put it on hold. Never heard anything after 2 days so I cancelled my order. Upon cancelling they finally charged my credit card which they hadnt done to that point. Waiting on a refund now, also got an email today saying they were building my watch in spite of having the email indicating my order had been cancelled sigh. ended up getting it elsewhere no problems.

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Moto 360 today! Right out of the package, it only had 16% battery which sucked, but I placed it on the charging dock and looked back at it about 20-30 minutes later and it was at 75%! I am already loving this thing. I really appreciate everyone's suggestion of buying this. I think this is a good buy.