2 days in on the Moto 360-what is this strange battery drain?

JmpnJeronimo

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
2 days in on the Moto 360

Hey guys I've had the watch now for two days and I'm trying to figure out the strange battery drain. I have tried a factory reset twice after installing the newest updates. the battery meter is telling me I'm losing 21 to 30 percent per hour, this can't be correct.

ZMnsr1

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: 2 days in on the Moto 360

As weird as this sounds, give it about 5 days. First 3 days I had mine, the watch wasn't usable. It would be dead by 2pm after coming off charger at 9pm. Last two days however, I've been able to go 8am to 11pm and still have close to 30% left. Seems like it just needs to learn or optimize itself.

Posted via the Android Central App

LaLamoto

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site

Have you tried theatre mode? This will preserve battery life. In order to turn screen back on, press side botton.

LeSaint

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

Same thing here, the first couple of days were the worst, got around 6h of charge.
Now, 10 days later, I easily do 16h.

JmpnJeronimo

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

That's what I'm hoping! I wasn't ready to panic just yet that's for sure as im really having fun with this thing. I just need to learn to be more fluid with my swiping/more detail/deleting etc. Any decent tutorials out there I should check out?

mindshadow

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site

There are some websites out there I have read before which give some tips on ways to increase battery life. Ive had my moto 360 for some time now and I get get 2 days battery life from it.

I do not use ambient mode or wifi. But I have tilt to wake and wrist gestures on. I use my watch fairly regularly to check notifications and sometimes do voice replies/Google searches and mostly use the stock watch faces as they use the lowest power. I have noticed other watch faces drain this watch really badly as some are more sensitive to activate when turned than others also. You can try going into the watch battery screen on android wear to find out what's causing your battery drain aswell.

I think ambient mode can cause a fairly big drain but I find the feature fairly useless on the moto 360 as it's too dark anyway and still only works when the wrist is tilted so I turn it off personally. I would prefer an always on feature but I'm not sure the moto 360 would take that like some of the other watches can.

I hope you find out the cause of the drain

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar