Problem?

MalinoisK9

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
If had my 360 for less than ten days now and other than bad battery life for the first few days everything has been great with it until this morning. Put the watch on the charger around 9 last night and before I went to bed it was fully charged but left it overnight as l do with most things. Well when I got up this morning it was dead and would not power on. Assuming myself or one of the dogs just bumped it I repositioned it and it would not charge on it or my standard pad. Left it and went about my morning and it did finally charge some. Here is the party I curious about, I have a QI pad at work so just figured I'd finish charging on that. It did charge but after about 1/2 an hour it would stop charging and was pretty warm. So, does this sound like something wrong with the watch? Should the watch charge on a normal QI pad? I'm a bit worried that there is a problem with my Moto and should see about exchanging it while I'm within the 15 day period with Best Buy. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Should the watch charge on a normal QI pad?
In theory, yes. But there is a 'sweet spot' on QI chargers. If yours is a little on the small side, it might be hard to hit with the 360. With mine, every now and then, I think an Android Wear app goes wild, and drains the battery. I have honestly just been in the habit of charging a bit at night, and powering down the watch before bed. In the morning, I wake up and turn it on, top the charge off, then leave for the day.

AntinOz

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
I charged mine on a normal Qi pad at work the other day as I rebuilt my phone and it wouldn't pair with the watch until it was at 80%. It got a little warm, but not too bad. I also, often, leave mine charging on the Moto charger all weekend with no, apparent, adverse affects.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I've charged my 360 with a third party Qi charger as well with no issues. However, if your 360 keeps exhibiting this behavior (of not charging) over the next few days, I'd consider doing an exchange as well.