Did I misunderstand what the WiFi feature does?

fungo45

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I thought the whole point of the wifi feature on the watch was that so I could still received notifications on the watch when I don't have the phone on me. I get that both the watch and the phone have to be connected to a data connection.

In my case, the phone and the watch were connected to the same wifi connection in my building. I had a meeting on the 12th floor and left my phone in the office on the 8th floor. I had a coworker send me a text so that I could see if it worked. I never got the text on the watch, but it was waiting for me on my phone when I got back to my office.

Am I missing something or is this not working right?

limeyinusa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have kinda the same issue. When I turn BT off on my phone I cannot use watch for connected requests. Each has data and is on same wifi. Cloud sync is on.

Posted via the Android Central App

LeSaint

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem here. I didn't figured out the difference between having wifi and cloud on or off. But since I always have my phone in my pocket when I'm wearing my watch, I just disabled it to save batteries. But then again, if anyone can explain the use of the wifi on the watch, it will be great.

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I would love to know how to get my watch and Droid DNA to work with WiFi. I have a Razr Maxx hd, and the WiFi on the watch kind of works but with the DNA, forget it.

Posted via the Android Central App

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I haven't found the performance of wifi on the Moto 360 to be very reliable or worthwhile. It's slower than Bluetooth and eats battery quickly. It should work as desired by the OP. I've enabled wifi on my watch and turned off Bluetooth and I do receive notifications on my watch when both the phone and watch are connected on the same wifi network. As pointed out before, cloud sync has to be turned on and on your watch's settings, make sure it shows that you're connected to the network and then scroll down the page and make sure the WiFi toggle shows Automatic.

fungo45

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I thought the whole point was that the watch and the phone didn't have to be on the same network for this feature to work. For example, the watch could be connected by wifi and the phone via cell network.

Either way, I can't get this to work and have disable it. The other day, I lost my phone somewhere in the house, so I tried to use the Find my Phone feature on the watch. Couldn't get it to work event though the watch was connected to my home wifi. I knew the phone didn't have bluetooth on, so it should have worked over wifi.

An no kidding about the battery drain. I think this is why Moto took so long to enable this feature, and it seems like they still released it too soon.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Don't know what else to tell you. I just tested Find My Phone and it worked fine with Bluetooth off.
Agree with you though, I don't think it's ready for prime time so I disable it on my M360 too. Battery drain is horrendous.

Zammo76

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been messing with wifi and bluetooth and have definitely noticed a difference.

Firstly when I connect both wifi and bluetooth and then disable Bluetooth my phone complains that Android Wear has disconnected and to tap the alert to reconnect, which I do but I'm not sure if it does anything.

Secondly my watch behaves slightly differently when connected to wifi for instance on Google Music I can open songs on my phone and play it but I can't seem to skip tracks or adjust the volume.

Lastly I've noticed my watch will drop wifi connection every now and then but after a bit of messing around in the settings I found an option under Wifi settings/ Advanced called Power Save which I've adjusted to the longest time possible (180 minutes), it was previously set to 30 minutes and I'm guessing the watch was disconnecting from my Wifi network when it hit this.

TacoKingYo

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I only have a Pebble, no Android Wear, but does cache reset of the app and factory resetting the watch work?

Posted via my amazingly smexy Nexus 6 yo

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2