360 constantly waking on its own

NovaFox238

May 25, 2010
Visit site
As the title says... Has anyone else been having a problem with their Moto360 randomly waking up every 10-30 seconds? It's driving me crazy and I can't tell what's waking it, EVERYTHING is practically off (ambient, tilt blah blah.) android wear is at the top of my "Watch Battery" 2nd to screen wake time , so I'm wondering if it's that alone? It's one thing for the battery to drain severely but im talking about the watch walking up way too much for no reason. The only way it stops is if I turn off Bluetooth... But what's a smartwatch without it? I'm probably missing details and I've searched everywhere for the same problem but any other threads I found on other forums are anywhere from 2-3 months old. I've had this watch for approx 1 week. I've also already tried factory wipe, everything that I could possibly think. I've seen people say just return it, or exchange it.. But I don't want to do that unless I really have to help? Lol

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are there any notifications being displayed on the watch when it wakes? What about in your phone? I know you said you tried factory reset... is that for your phone or your watch? (I'm guessing the watch, but I wanted to confirm, because that's what I was going to suggest).

I'd try 'forgetting' the watch from your phone and then re-adding it.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
A friend of mine had a G Watch that was doing this. We thought it could be a faulty motion sensor. He bought it at Best Buy so he took it back and they exchanged it for a new one. There have been no issues with his new one. Could be you just have a faulty watch.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

NovaFox238

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Are there any notifications being displayed on the watch when it wakes? What about in your phone? I know you said you tried factory reset... is that for your phone or your watch? (I'm guessing the watch, but I wanted to confirm, because that's what I was going to suggest).

I'd try 'forgetting' the watch from your phone and then re-adding it.

Unfortunately I tried all that already. :(

A friend of mine had a G Watch that was doing this. We thought it could be a faulty motion sensor. He bought it at Best Buy so he took it back and they exchanged it for a new one. There have been no issues with his new one. Could be you just have a faulty watch.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

I just exchanged it for a different one a few hours ago. New one is charging at the moment. It's all set up and will report back in a few days.

NovaFox238

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Hope it doesn't do it, it sucks when devices don't act the way they're supposed to...

So after 2 exchanged devices at various best buy stores, it seems the 3rd times a charm. On the 3rd day so far. Battery is lasting me at least one full day. Hoping after it will stabilize and get better. Will keep an eye on it. It's a shame I had to go back and replace it, the 2nd one died on me and wouldn't ever start.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Damn! If I had a device fail on me a second time I'd probably ask for a refund and move on to a different brand :S Come on Moto, you're better than this!

NovaFox238

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Damn! If I had a device fail on me a second time I'd probably ask for a refund and move on to a different brand :S Come on Moto, you're better than this!

Hah. The kicker to the story was when I went into best buy, the guy in front of me was returning his Moto360 as well. His apparently wasn't pairing to his phone. After the 3rd attempt I would have probably gotten my money back, but so far so good.

howie

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Any way to disable rotate to display? I don't like seeing the display light up every few seconds when working.

NovaFox238

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Any way to disable rotate to display? I don't like seeing the display light up every few seconds when working.

If you're talking about tilt to wake then just go into Android Wear app, settings button, Moto360 and untoggle it. Otherwise I use theater mode while I work to prevent it from waking up.

wymer99

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Try to go with untoggle tile to wake first. Will need to see it for few days and if this doesn't help, the only way is try out theater mode.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21