What can I use the Moto 360 for?

A

AC Question

What can I use the Moto 360 for

I keep trying to find a good use for this watch besides fancy watch faces and modest fitness help. I thought it would be handy for a remote to play music on my phone like I have on a bluetooth adapter for my headphones example skip next, skip previous pause/ play and possibly show the song-album-artist playing/time scale. but I cant find anyway to do that. When I click Play music it pulls up Play Music on my phone. is that all this watch can do. Thanks for any advice :)

NovaFox238

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: What can I use the Moto 360 for

Well let's be honest. First off, it's only a watch. Granted, it is a "smartwatch". That out of the way, you've named off some decent things you can do with it. I'm still figuring out what else I can do as well. When I bought it, I got it mainly for notifications and when receiving calls. My phone is usually in my pocket and in my line of work I'm always wearing gloves so it makes it difficult to pull out of my pocket so the watch alone is a huge plus for me there. I just have to keep in mind... It's a watch, not a miniature smart phone. Anything that it can do to help my daily struggle is a great help to me. Just my prong opinion.. XD

Posted via AC App on my Nexus 6

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: What can I use the Moto 360 for

Okay, I'll just list off what I use mine for. I use it to read and respond to text messages, I use the watch face to see the weather forecast when I use the instaweather watch face, I use it for navigation on my motorcycle. I strap it to my handlebars and it works excellent for that. I check my email on it to see if there's something I really need to read on my phone or computer. I use the Google now cards for sports scores. I use it a lot in the kitchen for a timer when I'm cooking, or when barbecuing. I use it as a stopwatch when I'm working out. I just started using it to play invaders, believe it or not it's fun and quite addicting on your watch. I use it as a step counter also, I have a goal that I want to reach each day. I also use it to skip forward when listening to music, it's quite convenient for that. I also use it to check the number when I get a phone call to see if I really want to answer it or not. Oh yeah, & I also use it as a watch. Was it worth it to buy it? In my opinion, yes it was. My phone now sits on the table at home quite often now as my watch gives me the notifications I need. My phone last me quite a bit longer now since I'm not checking it as often.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

LeSaint

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what you are doing wrong. I use it as a remote for music and I never used Google Play Music. It works well with rdio and doubletwist. I have to start the music app on my phone first though.
One great thing is that, unlike the headphones control, I can control volume with my watch.
Other than that, I use it to read mail, read and reply to sms and Facebook messenger, and a lot for the weather, as my watch face show a lot of info about it.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I often use it to find my phone with the app of the same name (or with a quick toggle in Wear Mini Launcher). I use it occasionally as a remote shutter release when taking a picture. I use it to view photographs on my watch with an app called My Roll. I use it with a golf GPS app to show my yardages to the green and enter scores so I don't have to take my phone out of my pocket to get that information.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power