360 or 360 2? Real Time Battery Life

Gino Conte

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of making my first move into the smart-watch world,

Obviously the 360 2 has been announced but apart from the processor nobody seems too blown away

I suppose it comes down to a few things...

- Battery Life -
Does the 360 really not make it through a day?
If not are there any wireless charging solutions such as an after-market battery strap?

- Gps -
Can I use my the 360 with my iPhone for walking turn by turn navigation?

AvaMichele

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Mine makes it through the day. It all depends on your settings, watchface animations, variables like that. As far as iPhone usage, I have no information. I have android.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Notifications, no matter whether it is Moto 360 or other watch, will be the first culprit killing your battery life. The next culprit are the watch faces. Some watch faces are so evil that they gradually drain the battery life like you would not imagine.

So, first generation Moto 360 will give around 9 hours max.

To get the most you just need to configure which notifications are important on the wrist.

Posted via the Android Central App

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I traditionally get 18+ hrs per day (6am-11p w 20% remaining) with full notification for work emails (100/day) + texts, etc. I keep the screen brightness on the lowest i can tolerate by using Wear Mini Launcher.
Additionally, to increase battery life i avoid using the phone for navigation, if I'm driving or presenting in a meeting i set it to Theater mode, and I use InstaWeather watchfaces.
Doing all this I rarely have to charge my phone in the evening and thoroughly enjoy my Moto 360!!

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I say if you can afford it go for the 2015 model. Less worry about the battery and you can swap bands easily.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Amyshubby1

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I leave for work around 8am and usually get home at 7pm with about 30% left.

Never had a problem making it through a full day.

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I just tested my 360. Owned it a couple weeks now. From 100% I got over two days. First day I used it more, checking time somewhat often for work logs and checking notifications. 2nd day, I didn't turn the screen on as much, however the battery split fairly evenly.

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I have also faced the battery issue with my Moto 360. That's why at one point of time I thought about switching. I was thinking about Modular smart watch or gear S2. Then I came to know about Moto 360 II. I hope Moto 360 II is coming with no battery issue.

Do you use the flip to wake? I found the watch screen turned on way too much using it. Especially driving, every single turn or reach for a turn signal.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the OG Moto 360 and it all depends on your setup and use. Although I charge every night, after a 16 to 17 hour day, I'm now putting it on the charger with 50% to 60% battery left. Saw a significant improvement in battery life after latest software updates and a watchface developer I know said that some system changes were made that more aggressively shuts down the processor on the watch when idle.

My setup is Ambient Mode off, Tilt to Wake off, Wifi off and Card Preview on. I manually adjust screen brightness but usually have it set at 1 unless outdoors. I get plenty of notifications during the day and with Card Preview on, it displays automatically without touching the watch. I found Ambient Mode and Tilt to Wake as having the biggest impact on battery drain and am just fine with tapping the watchface or the button on the side to wake the display.

Mont3000

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
OG Moto, today stats I left at 11am and now home reading this midnight and have 33% left. Ambient off, WiFi on, flick gestures on. I charge every night.

purpleclad

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday was my 2nd day with the 2nd Gen, took off the charger at 6:30 am put back on at 11:30 last night and still had 53% remaining. This was with the screen on function on the whole time. Pretty impressed.