what happened?? battery tanked.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Have had no issues with getting a full day (8am to 10pm) with about 30% left at the end of the night. I went to look at my watch today and it was off. I put it on the cradle and it was completely dead.

Here's the battery graph.

How would this happen?

Attachments

• 5071.jpg
    5071.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 75
May 3, 2015
Visit site
So it seems like having WiFi on and using watchmaker premium as the face destroys the battery. Just watchmaker, no WiFi is fine, just WiFi, standard face is also fine.

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
There are some apps/watchfaces that don't play well together too, the Gmail app and Bubble Cloud also had a similar problem in battery going dead in a matter of hours... We should make a list of them?, I have a small list in the faults I have found so far, but every time you do find one?,
the best thing to do is a hard reset on phone/watch to reinstall everything minus the defective apps... I'm lazy otherwise I would make an excel spreadsheet with all the app variables associated to keeping on top of this common problem, I had a guy at T-Mobile store ask me about a problem in where I experienced the same thing and told him in how to fix it... maybe one of the moderators can do it? Kinda like what XDA Developers have on their site.

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
So it seems like having WiFi on and using watchmaker premium as the face destroys the battery. Just watchmaker, no WiFi is fine, just WiFi, standard face is also fine.

Have you verified that conclusion? This week I also encountered a dramatic battery drain that hasn't repeated (thank goodness). I hadn't changed settings either before during or after and yet the problem occurred once.

VFC

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

I agree with this observation. I get 2 full days battery life with stock AW watch faces with wifi on but only one day with a similar watch face using Watchmaker (also with wifi on). The 2 days is with ambient and tilt to wake on. With both those set on, the watch goes full brightness for 5 seconds on tilt, then ~ 5 seconds dim, then completely off (until the next tilt).

I went to a wedding this weekend. I used the stock "Dials II" watch face with ambient on and tilt to wake off (this keeps the watch face on constantly in dim mode; until I tap the screen). It was easy to see the dimmed white analog hands at the reception. I know I could not get away with that using the same settings on a Watch Maker face; battery would have tanked towards the end of the wedding when I cared about time the most.

ericf4

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I was just wondering the same thing here as yesterday i went from 9am-1130PM and still had like 40% left..Today i went from 8am-2pm and it was already at 40%........Im using Watchmaker premium and Wifi on, Ambient is set to off and wifi on.....Is there amy reason to have wifi on really if you are usually near your phone???

VFC

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
I have wifi on at home so I can leave my phone upstairs (out of BT range) and still receive message and phone call notifications. Just had a situation last night when my watch notified me of an important call that was coming in on my phone. I was able to get upstairs in time to answer the phone (I wish the Moto 360 had a speaker so I could have taken the call on my watch).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech