Limiting Notifications/pop-ups

youngdoc

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Apologies for the cross post -- I posted something similar in the Moto 360 (2015) forum and haven't seen much response, as that forum is less active than this one right now. I thought I would try here.

I'm a little frustrated with my Moto 360 (2015) right now. I really bought the watch simply because I want a device on my wrist to give me notifications of email, texts, and phone calls that I can see at a glance without taking my phone out of my pocket. I don't want Google Now cards popping up or Google Music current song playing to pop up or Google Maps navigation information to pop up. I use my phone for a diverse number of things, but I don't need all of those things to be cluttering my watch and draining its battery. Having said that, I do NOT want to disable those things on my phone -- I DO use Google Now cards on my phone for things like traffic conditions on the way to work when I am driving, I DO use Google Music as a listening source in the car, and I DO use Google Navigation on my phone to get from point A to point B. I just don't want to see all of those things on my watch -- I prefer to access them on demand on my phone rather than have them thrust into my line of sight every time I just want to see what time it is.

I disabled everything that is giving me headaches under app notifications in Android Wear on my phone, but apparently that has no effect on ongoing apps that are synced between my phone and watch -- everything I mentioned above still appears on my watch. That makes me wonder if there is a way to simply un-sync certain apps so that I can still use them on my phone, but not see them on my watch, while still receiving notifications about the things that I want to see (texts, email, calls). I also checked to make sure that my Moto 360 is the only device synced with my Android Wear and I even did a factory reset and started all over. No love. Any help?

_20151027_144316.jpg

808Mobi

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
If you see a notification that you don't want, swipe to the left and select "Block App".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

youngdoc

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
If you see a notification that you don't want, swipe to the left and select "Block App".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I just tested that with Google Music without success. If I swipe left against the partially visible pop-up on my watch, it just gives me a list of all of my apps. If I first swipe up to reveal the full Music app on my watch and then swipe left, it just shows me the options like pause, thumbs up, etc. No option to block. Different version of the OS, maybe?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar