What's your average battery life on the OG Moto 360?

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm consistently getting about 10%/hr, which isn't bad for my use case, but it seems like most people are getting 12-16 hours on average, even with ambient mode on. Can anyone suggest any changes to my setup? I didn't get many notifications today either (20-30ish). Here's the battery graph (from 9-8, at 8pm it's on 11% before I chucked on a Qi pad):
Screenshot_20151110-215156.jpg

Watchface: Pujie Black
Ambient On, WiFi off, tilt to wake off, wrist gestures on.
Fitness Tracking: Jawbone Up app, Fit disabled
Apps: Coffee, Skype, OneNote, Tuner, Wunderlist, Hangouts, Up, Amazon, Hand Dialer, Wear Aware

Cheers!

P.S. didn't use Coffee today but it shows usage. Bug perhaps?

ajkam

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Ambient is going to drain battery. I keep it off.

I've been off the charger for 14 hours today and have 61% remaining.

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Ambient is going to drain battery. I keep it off.

I've been off the charger for 14 hours today and have 61% remaining.

Yeah but I've seen people with ambient on still getting at least 12 hours with battery to spare - I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong

Raelx

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I take mine off the charger a 7am and back on at 10pm, very consistently 15hrs a day and also always have a minimum of 30% left at the end of the day. Typically it is 40-50%. I don't use ambient mode. I'm also a week into life with a 42mm Gen 3 Moto 360 and have been getting just slightly better battery life with the stock ambient display and auto brightness. most days i'm over 50% when i go on the charger at night.

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't seem to have the ability to see Watch History. Ive looked all over.
I left the house this morning at 8:30am. Walked all day. It's now 4:30pm. My watch is at 86%. (But after fooling around on it for 30 minutes it's down to 79% at 5pm.)
Location services OFF
WiFi (watch) AUTOMATIC
Always On OFF
Wrist Gestures OFF
Watch Faces by WatchMaster

My apps list is only the defaults, MotoBody and Hangouts.

I'm suspicious of your app list. Coffee more than any others.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Battery usage statistics have been removed from the Android wear app in the latest update. (Which I think is absurd)

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Battery usage statistics have been removed from the Android wear app in the latest update. (Which I think is absurd)

I don't seem to have the ability to see Watch History. Ive looked all over.
I left the house this morning at 8:30am. Walked all day. It's now 4:30pm. My watch is at 86%. (But after fooling around on it for 30 minutes it's down to 79% at 5pm.)
Location services OFF
WiFi (watch) AUTOMATIC
Always On OFF
Wrist Gestures OFF
Watch Faces by WatchMaster

My apps list is only the defaults, MotoBody and Hangouts.

I'm suspicious of your app list. Coffee more than any others.

Some think that battery stats may be directly integrated into the watch with AW 1.4. We'll see!

Just reinstalled and cleared the cache for Coffee and it's battery usage is much lower now. I might rifle through my apps list and uninstall anything I don't use often - what apps are you suspicious of?

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
BTW here's my usage for today, with maybe 50 notifications and a period of time between 1-4 where I was unpaired from my phone on airplane mode (interestingly the battery rate doesn't slow down or anything). I started from 10:30 till 9pm today when I chucked it on my Qi pad - it was at 25%. So it's definitely getting better, roughly 7%/hr.

customsbroker

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
my battery life is so erratic without any change to the status quo. Some days it will be 15 hours, some days close to 30. The least amount I've encountered was 10 hours, rarely.
I usually charge it every night. And have had it for almost 12 months.

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
This would mean JoJoe42 is using a different Android Wear build than I'm reporting statistics about!
I'm still on AW 1.3 as I've heard bad things about the 1.4 update to the app, also it removed the battery stats in the app so I can't see what's going on!!!
my battery life is so erratic without any change to the status quo. Some days it will be 15 hours, some days close to 30. The least amount I've encountered was 10 hours, rarely.
I usually charge it every night. And have had it for almost 12 months.
Interesting. Mine seems to be straightening out now - battery life predictions are surprisingly accurate now. I'm getting about 14 hours with ambient on and tilt to wake off. Still nowhere near what other people are claiming to get but given I have Qi pads everywhere it's bearable ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781