Moto 360 step count while running on treadmill

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
this is starting to drive me insane. i have both google fit, and moto body installed. i'm on my second first gen 360, already RMA'd one for this issue.

eveyrthing works fine counting my steps. then i hop on the treadmill. i watch netflix on my phone while doing this and am connected via bluetooth headphones. both apps (body and fit) seem to record my steps fine while walking but as soon as i start running they don't record my steps. google fit actually records me as biking but body records nothing. this is very frustrating.

i've restart everything numerous times, cleared cache on fit, body, play services, android wear etc to no avail.

does anyone have any idea what else i can try to get this to work? the reason i got this thing was to recrod my steps while excercising and that seemingly does not work. i've even contacted google about it and all they could say was to factory reset.

thanks in advance.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I disabled Fit on mine since it used to do what you're describing on my old G Watch. It seemed that unless you were actually going somewhere, it wouldn't count the steps. Plus, when you input additional activities, like swimming, it gives zero calorie credit.

Moto Body tracks my every step on the machine.

Posted via the Android Central App

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Google set has a setting in it for running on a stationary treadmill. Have you tried checking that yet?

Via the Android Central App