Replaced Battery=Feels like new Watch [Moto 360]

fdisker2000

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I just replaced my battery in my 1st Gen Moto 360 and WOW! it is fantastic!

I bought my 360 when it was first available and it would last approx.10-12 hrs.with heavy use and 18-24 hrs.light use.
After 13-14 months it went down to 4-6 hrs.and then to randomly dying after 1-2 hrs.

I purchased this: Motorola Moto 360 Battery Replacement WX30 SNN5951A 2014 1st Gen and it is like a new watch.

It was little tough opening the case but ifixit has a teardown which helped : https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Motorola+Moto+360+Teardown/28891 (original battery was swollen and puffed up like a balloon)

I also replaced my LCD (with front bezel(housing)) since it had discoloration around the edge of one side (yellowing) from here: Motorola Moto 360 Smart Watch LCD Assembly with Front Housing - ETrade Supply

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with either one of these websites; I am just trying to inform 360 owners who have battery issues. Both shipped and were received in 6-7 days(LCD came from China).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Mmm... weird, I have had mine since launch and it's only getting better with each update. I can leave the thing on for 5 days (yup, FIVE) if I leave it in Airplane mode, two days of heavy use (maybe 1.5 if I use voice commands too much), and can stretch it to three days with normal use. I can finally leave my charger at home if I'm going away for the weekend and not worry about the watch dying on me. And this is without getting the Marshmallow update yet, so I'm only hoping this keeps getting better!

blaze53

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
I just replaced my battery in my 1st Gen Moto 360 and WOW! it is fantastic!

I bought my 360 when it was first available and it would last approx.10-12 hrs.with heavy use and 18-24 hrs.light use.
After 13-14 months it went down to 4-6 hrs.and then to randomly dying after 1-2 hrs.

I purchased this: Motorola Moto 360 Battery Replacement WX30 SNN5951A 2014 1st Gen and it is like a new watch.

It was little tough opening the case but ifixit has a teardown which helped : https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Motorola+Moto+360+Teardown/28891 (original battery was swollen and puffed up like a balloon)

I also replaced my LCD (with front bezel(housing)) since it had discoloration around the edge of one side (yellowing) from here: Motorola Moto 360 Smart Watch LCD Assembly with Front Housing - ETrade Supply

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with either one of these websites; I am just trying to inform 360 owners who have battery issues. Both shipped and were received in 6-7 days(LCD came from China).

Holy crap, this is a godsend. I just purchased a used Gen1 and the battery life is CRAP.

Booge1

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Questions, when you replaced the battery how did you make sure the electronics, etc fit properly in the case. I know there are four (4) small pieces of plastic that fit around the edges of the internal mechanism and apparently fit under the lip of the case to hold everything tightly in place. Did you reuse those and if so how did you install them? secondly, I cannot get the stem push button to align properly, is there a certain way this needs to be installed to get it to work? Finally how did you reattach the plastic back? I have read elsewhere to use a silicone adhesive. Thanks for your help.