Help me decide about Moto 360

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
So I was very exited about the Moto 360 a week ago and was nearly gonna buy a used one (here in my country new are very expensive +300$ for 1st gen) for 150$.
What I liked:
-Design which is close to IWC Big Pilot and other big watches
-Music control helping for summer walks and jogging
-Change of faces even the possibility to use a classic watch face
-Notifications on the move

What I am afraid of and didn't like:
-Battery is not on par with ambiant option
-Ambiant itself is not very bright
-Twist to wake could be buggy
-Battery replacement nearly impossible so it's a watch that will be in the trash bin sooner or later, specially if bought used
-Straps compatibility, I heard it has to be thin and it has a special opening or it will brake the watch
-Connection needed all the time, it will drain my phone's battery
-Can't be used in gym due to the gloves covering the wrists.

So yeah I really wanted this watch for my bday in a month but I am afraid I will regret it as the only need I have is to control music with style and a beautiful watch, but its lifetime is limited even my Panerai 46mm automatic replica can last more than 5 years, due to stupid Motorola battery choice, and the fact I can't use it in gym (gloves)

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
So I was very exited about the Moto 360 a week ago and was nearly gonna buy a used one (here in my country new are very expensive +300$ for 1st gen) for 150$.
What I liked:
-Design which is close to IWC Big Pilot and other big watches
-Music control helping for summer walks and jogging
-Change of faces even the possibility to use a classic watch face
-Notifications on the move

What I am afraid of and didn't like:
-Battery is not on par with ambiant option
-Ambiant itself is not very bright
-Twist to wake could be buggy
-Battery replacement nearly impossible so it's a watch that will be in the trash bin sooner or later, specially if bought used
-Straps compatibility, I heard it has to be thin and it has a special opening or it will brake the watch
-Connection needed all the time, it will drain my phone's battery
-Can't be used in gym due to the gloves covering the wrists.

So yeah I really wanted this watch for my bday in a month but I am afraid I will regret it as the only need I have is to control music with style and a beautiful watch, but its lifetime is limited even my Panerai 46mm automatic replica can last more than 5 years, due to stupid Motorola battery choice, and the fact I can't use it in gym (gloves)

Welcome to Android Central!

What other options are you considering besides the 360?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke