Google Fit and Moto 360 problems, how can I fix them?

A

AC Question

google fit and moto 360 problems

hello

Yesterday i installed google fit on my galaxy s6 and moto 360 gen1
But i have problems with it. i have set activity detection to on and body sensor on.

But what the problem is is that you need your phone in your pocket or it doesnt register steps.
So if i only have my watch on me and not my phone there are not counted any steps.

Then the second problem is that if i want to start an exersice like running it says enable gps on phone. But i dont want to bring my phone with me while running.

The third and final problem is that the heart rate doesnt work automatic it only putts it in the graph when i start the heart rate sensor myself. but it doesnt measure it like every hour

Hope someone can help me with these problems.

sfringer

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: google fit and moto 360 problems

For counting steps without carrying your phone, you will need to enable sensor access for "Moto Body" on the 360. You do not need to actually use Moto Body, but without it having sensor access, steps will not be counted for Google Fit. This is the solution provided to me by the Google Fit team when I encountered similar behavior.

I do not believe it is possible to perform activity tracking only on the 360 - it relies on the phone since the 360 is not capable of providing the granularity required for activity tracking.

The heart rate sensor as implemented in Google Fit is on-demand only. If you are interested in automated heart rate tracking (not sure of the interval), you will need to make use of Moto Body.

albie999

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Agree on the sensor, needing Moto Body, but what I have found is once google fit is picking up your steps, you can actually disable moto body sensors etc in the permissions in settings .. saves you a bit more battery

In terms of an app for monitoring heart rate, take a look at Cinch. It integrates into Google Fit, and you can specify the intervals for monitoring

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...steckler.perfectcinch&hl=en_GB&token=zNhzjyeL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair