Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Internal Storage

Hi folks, sorry if this has been posted already. My son got a moto E with 4GB internal storage today but in "storage " it says total space is 2,21GB with only 1.30GB available. I'm guessing this is down to preinstalled apps like maps, Google play music picassa up loader etc. My question is can I clean off any of the unwanted stuff?? he only plays a few games, facebook etc,

Default Re: Internal Storage

Check under apps in the setting menu. Several should be able to be disabled.

Internal Storage-screenshot_2014-05-21-18-27-28.png
    Uninstall updates then hit Disable. That should reduce the space they take and stop them from running.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Cheers Zedorda

I'm guessing this is down to preinstalled apps like maps, Google play music picassa up loader etc. My question is can I clean off any of the unwanted stuff??

Its not the just the pre-installed apps that are taking up the space. The operating system (Android) takes most of the space that is already used. Its the same on most handsets. My 32GB Nexus 5 only has about 28GB of user memory. Removing pre-installed apps wont make much of a difference.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I understand that but still there should be some choice of what you want/need on your phone.
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,415 Global Posts

If you want the bare minimum, you're gonna have to build it yourself. Even Google preloads apps onto devices.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4) - Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1) - Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)

What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums