Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Default Moto E - sound problem, help!

Guys i don't know why, but suddenly I'm not getting any media-apps sound from the loudspeakers... When I restart the phone it works for a few seconds (when I unlock the phone for the first time it works) then when is not Working and I press the volume up key it acts like I have an earpiece plugged in (gives me the too loud for too long warning)

Anyone have a clue? 4.4.3. Unrooted here... Only "mod" I've done is L keyboard and WhatsApp+...

Global Posts
    26,145 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Moto E - sound problem, help!

Have you tried a reset? There might be a cached data conflict somewhere.
    ‚Äč
    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

I am also getting the same problem. It automatically works fine after two or three days. And few days after same problem,, speakers not working.. Right now speakers not working and tried all tricks no use

After much research, I have discovered that the answer to this is simple, it is a bad connection in the loudspeaker. Take the back off the phone, and press quite hard around the back of the loudspeaker/bottom of the battery area. Within a couple of seconds the speaker came back to life and is still working fine. I had lost all alarm tones, notification tones, incoming call did not ring and loudspeaker did not work, but all good now.

this works...thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by ImogenF View Post
    After much research, I have discovered that the answer to this is simple, it is a bad connection in the loudspeaker. Take the back off the phone, and press quite hard around the back of the loudspeaker/bottom of the battery area. Within a couple of seconds the speaker came back to life and is still working fine. I had lost all alarm tones, notification tones, incoming call did not ring and loudspeaker did not work, but all good now.

Hi ive got the same problem, when i press round the battery area amd sound comes on. But wont stay on any suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by ImogenF View Post
    That worked... Thanks.