Lollipop update file size

The-wolf547

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I think lots of people might not be able to install android lollipop because of its small memory capacity and if people do they won't have much space left! Is updating to lollipop when it comes out for the Moto E a good idea?
OTA update of course :)
Posted via the Android Central App

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
From what I heard there's good and bad news. The good news is that the 400 mb update will only momentarily occupy your internal memory... I.e. when you're downloading the upgrade. But while installing.... it will remove KitKat and install in its place occupying no extra memory. But the bad news is that I also heard that ART uses up more space. So after the update is installed you need to optimise your applications to the new runtime.... which will consume more space now.

Last edited:

The-wolf547

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm. Maybe we might be able to FULLY move apps to the SD card in the update. I don't know yet cause I've only got android lollipop on my tablet which only has an internal memory.

The-wolf547

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
There is no accurate date yet but I think it will come out at the end of the year.

Last edited:

The-wolf547

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
No they didn't that was me rushing to type that up cause I had something to do. Sorry about that :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar