Who is using the Moto E as their PRIMARY phone?

glove4

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm just wondering how many people here actually use the Moto E as their main phone and not as a secondary device or whatever. When the Moto E came out, the reviews were great, but just about everyone immediately classified it as a great secondary phone or great for new smartphone users, kids, or grandma. So as someone has used the Moto E on T-Mobile as their primary phone, who is 30 years old, and doesn't care about having top of the line specs or a huge 5 inch or bigger size display, but still loves Android, I have to wonder who else on here uses the Moto E as their primary phone? Or put another way, who has used this phone NOT to give it to their kids "because it's a great starter phone for kids" or to give it to ma, pa, g-ma, g-pa who still use a flip phone, or for their dog who's been begging for a quality android phone without breaking the bank, but who likes the Moto E as a solid smartphone for their own needs? Those under the age of 18 or over the age of 65 need not reply. I'm really just curious if I'm the only one who likes the Moto E enough to use as their main phone.

Alunde

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I want to buy a new inexpensive smartphone and I'm wondering if a Moto E is the right one for me. It's good to know at least one person likes it :) I'm interested to see what other people think!

Marcin Stachurski

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I want to buy a new inexpensive smartphone and I'm wondering if a Moto E is the right one for me. It's good to know at least one person likes it :) I'm interested to see what other people think!

Jump up to the moto g. Can't beat it for the price.

Posted via the Android Central App

glove4

May 19, 2012
Visit site
It is great so long as you understand what your needs are for a smartphone. I've learned over time what my needs are, and even the Moto G, while technically better, is not necessarily necessary for my needs. I find the Moto E serves me just fine and I even prefer its form factor over the G.

JoseGui

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm really just curious if I'm the only one who likes the Moto E enough to use as their main phone.

Well, I've been using the Moto E as my main phone simce shortly after it came out. My situation was that right around then, I moved my family to an AT&T Mobile share plan, from Verizon. We would save money over time, especially buying the phones off contract, but not being able to reuse our VZW phones we had to buy 5 new ones so it was a good bit of money out of pocket. I was loyal to Moto and was leaning toward a 2013 Moto X but thought I'd wait for its successor, so i bought the E for myself (wife got 2013 X). For $130, I thought it would be a very temporary phone, and then when I upgraded we'd have it as a back up in case one of us lost or broke a phone. Also, I got the global gsm model in case we needed a phone to use overseas at some point. I figured I'd pounce on the Moto X 2014 right away, but then its size was a little off-putting (I like smaller phones), and then some concerns about LTE bands on the Pure Edition, so I've waited. And being honest with myself I realized I was in no rush to upgrade because there was little about the E that wasn't sufficient for my needs.

So I guess the point of my long story is that I intended it to be a temporary phone, but honestly it's so much better than I expected I'm just sticking with it for now. Big negatives are a near useless camera and limited memory. No LTE, but I miss that less than I expected to. It runs well and is adequate in almost every way I need it to be so my wait for my next phone is not hard at all. The E will even get Lollipop.

Truth is, in the next few months I will probably move along to either a Moto X 2014 Pure Edition if/when there's a price break, or something else that may come along (a Nexus 6 compact would be cool, but is not even rumored and the regular one is way too big for me).

So I'm sorta in your camp. This phone is a tremendous value, a real overachiever and I will miss it when I upgrade. I wish you continued good luck with yours!

glove4

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I also found it to be a far more enjoyable experience to use than I originally thought it would be. I'm interested to see what they do with the E in 2015. Motorola is owned by Lenovo now, so hopefully that doesn't change anything. But considering they pushed the G up to 5 inches, I suspect the E will end up taking the first generation G's 4.5 inch screen. Leave it at the same price point, perhaps upgrade the camera and storage to at minimum 8GB, and we have another winner. Using the Moto E, and of course the G as well, I just see so little need to shell out hundreds of dollars on a new phone anymore, especially on two year contracts.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Moto E as my primary phone since almost two months because i cannot afford more expensive phones. Its a great phone as fulfils my every need like watching videos, surfing the web, checking mails, etc. I hate the low quality fixed focus camera though as my previous phone, a lumia 520 had a much better camera. Love the battery life and smooth lag free experience of Moto E. Also happy i will get Lollipop update. If only the camera had autofocus and more internal storage then it would have been a perfect package.

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk.

JoseGui

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Agree... I forgot to mention battery life, which also is really good. Puts my earlier phones, OG Droid and Droid Bionic, to shame.

glove4

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Some potential specs for the next Moto E have leaked, with a possible Snapdragon 410 quad core processor. The next generation E will be even better I suspect.

Susangb

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Moto E main phone. Love Motorola. Using LTE as extra for more games and apps. (It was given to me)

Ken Marshall

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I too use an Android MOTO E 2014
as a primary. It's the only device I have.
I'm happy with this phone; it has its drawbacks, but I live with them.

crosslad17

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Agreed. If out had 8gb of memory rather than 4gb it would satisfy most of my needs. Just got the ota update to lollipop today, hopefully it well not cripple the phone.

Ken Marshall

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I've had my moto E for 2months as a primary and its just fine.Just not enough RAM for me.
Thinking about the moto x pure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance