My Motorola Moto E (Gen 1) built in memory has filled up since I upgraded to Android 5.1, how do I free up memory?

A

AC Question

My Motorola Moto E (Gen 1) built in memory has filled up since I upgraded to Android 5.1

Since I upgraded to Android 5.1 the built in memory (2 GB) has become full. I've moved all Apps hat I can to the SD card but am now stuck as the phone won't allow any upgrades as there's insufficient memory.

I also want to get rid of Google 'Quickoffice' but this App doesn't provide an uninstall function.

Thanks in advance,

Robin Trow

Locksh

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: My Motorola Moto E (Gen 1) built in memory has filled up since I upgraded to Android 5.1

I had the same problem. I rooted the phone. Installed a app to uninstall the preloaded google apps I did not need. All works good now.

Posted via the Android Central App

The-wolf547

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: My Motorola Moto E (Gen 1) built in memory has filled up since I upgraded to Android 5.1

Try a factory reset, that should free up some storage. Alternatively you could root the device and uninstall some preloaded apps, but I don't recommend this method since rooting can go wrong sometimes.

Posted via the Android Central App